Author Topic: $25.00 Pardner  (Read 898 times)

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
$25.00 Pardner
« on: July 10, 2010, 11:28:26 AM »
I was in a pawn shop Thursday, and he had a very rough and rusty 12 ga. Pardner with a broken trigger guard on the rack.

He had it priced at $75.00, but I noted he had held it for almost a year.

I offered him $25.00 cash, and he turned me down until I started to leave, then called me back and sold it to me.

I've never been much of one to paint guns, but this is a full choke, and just begs to become a turkey gun, so it will get either blacked or camo'ed as soon as I have time to clean it up, and order a new trigger guard. 

I'm sometimes amazed at what pawn shops will price something, as this gun is not much over $100.00 new, and he held this one that long trying for $75.00! ::)

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline spruce

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: $25.00 Pardner
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 02:10:14 PM »
Sounds like you got yourself a good project gun at a bargain price.

Good lesson for anyone buying from a pawn shop too - never pay their asking price without a counter offer and don't be afraid to turn around and head towards the door if they refuse your offer!

Offline oldfart

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 03:33:17 PM »
i was at a yard sale the other day and this feller had a 088 h&r 12 gauge full choke for sale. from the looks i figured $50 at most, he asked $125 i almost fainted. i told him wal-mart had them for that, actually a penny cheaper at $124.99 but thats before tax. before i left he came down to $100 but i passed, i offered $60 but he said he'd burn it before he'd take less than $100.

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 09:42:06 AM »
If it functions you got quite a deal.  You could always blast and parkerize it too. A local ripoff (did I say that?) pawn shop near me prices every firearm at double the actual value and then gives you grief about how they can't sell stuff at half price - yeah right.  So . . . I stopped going there.  Works for me.

Best deal I ever got was a like-new Topper 88 (oops) SB-1 Partner 12ga for $70 cash.  

I bought it from a local guy who was raising money for a new 'card/turkey competition' bolt gun.  He's won thousands in these matches!  Anybody ever seen one of these?  They re-barrel the Savage 210 bolt guns with custom bull barrels and choke tubes.  Then add bipods and scopes too.  Look like sniper rifles.  Awesome tight patterns.  Truly amazing!

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 10:11:28 AM »
I would be making a stubbing project out of this. Glad you found a deal.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 02:01:39 AM »
I agree with every one, good find/good deal. I found an old 410 H&R at a local shop but they were wanting $150  for it :o I could just go buy a new one in better shape for that!...
anyway, enjoy your new find...

-Aaron

Offline TheCoachZed

• Avid Poster
  • Who wants some?
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 02:34:47 AM »
I bought my first H&R, a rusty old model 1900, for $35, shipped. Action is a little loose, but it still functions well. I got my next one, a Model 48, for $48 shipped, but had problems with light firing pin strikes on that one, so I gave it away. I bought my last H&R, a stainless 12 gauge Survivor, for $75 plus shipping (came to $93). I saw the exact same gun selling the next week for $200 online, and it sold right away. I was pretty happy with that deal.  ;D
My avatar is pretty much what I look like out in the woods - except I am not a "chick" in any sense of the word.

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 06:52:03 AM »
When finished, this will be my turkey gun..........
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)