Author Topic: Heart of Dixie Calls ?????  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Frog123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Heart of Dixie Calls ?????
« on: December 31, 2002, 12:29:36 AM »
A few years back (eight, maybe nine, I think) I purchased a small palm size slate call from a Mom & Pop booth at the NWTF National Convention in Nashville. All I remember about it was that it was made by Heart of Dixie Calls  the company was located in Alabama and that that thing sounded more like a turkey than a turkey. However with all good things such as this it was not meant for me to have for long. Pretty soon my younger brother took note of it and "just had to have it" So I let him "swap me out of it." He killed several birds with it including one with a 11 1/2" beard. This was the hunt that the call was lost on. To this day he still isn't sure how he managed to loose the call but he did it. I guess he had gotten pretty good at loosing my stuff over the years and now felt proficient enough to finaly move on to loosing his own. Well since that day I have had to endure 7+ years of crying and whining about that call. If someone in Alabama has heard of Heart of Dixie would you please let me know. Maybe I can replace the call and torment him at the same time.
Thanks Ya'll.  :)

Frog :D
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time....ES

Offline Mrs Graybeard

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2002, 09:46:18 AM »
Frog123,

I put Heart of Dixie Turkey Calls in Google and come up with this web site. I hope it helps.

http://www.turkeyhuntingsecrets.com/store/dixiegamecalls1dept.htm
Kind hearts are gardens, Kind thoughts are roots, Kind words are blossoms, Kind deeds are fruits.

Offline Frog123

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2003, 07:25:04 PM »
Thanks Mrs. Graybeard,

Best I can tell that appears to be it. I'm ordering one and with any kind of luck I'll kill a couple of birds this year, maybe call in a few birds for other people, and give credit to the call. I don't think I'll tell my brother where I got the call. Make him think I found another one. Maybe I'll see what he's got to trade  :-D  :-D

Frog :D
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time....ES

Offline Mrs Graybeard

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2003, 06:27:35 AM »
Frog123,

You are welcome. I hope you get the same results with this one as you did with the other one.
Kind hearts are gardens, Kind thoughts are roots, Kind words are blossoms, Kind deeds are fruits.

Offline Leon Garfield

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2003, 01:52:35 PM »
They can also be purchased through the new basspro shops spring turkey catalog...