Author Topic: Ross Hammock Ranch Florida  (Read 1326 times)

Offline safariaddiction

• Trade Count: (0)
Ross Hammock Ranch Florida
« on: July 25, 2010, 01:27:50 PM »
Any body hunted or researched Ross Hammock Ranch in Florida?  I am thinking about a water buffalo hunt there.  I have also looked at J&R outfitters and the Brady ranch.  I have a .458 Lott I am going to try out before I take it to Africa.  Thanks for any helpful info.

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
Re: Ross Hammock Ranch Florida
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 02:35:48 PM »
Hey S,

No idea about Ross Hummock.  Brady....very good but I'd read the thread from Ron about Brady closing.  J&R is an operation that I'm thinking of hunting with and have seen very good things about them.
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline safariaddiction

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 05:04:12 PM »
....  J&R is an operation that I'm thinking of hunting with and have seen very good things about them.

I spoke to Joe Obannon from J&R at the DSC show a few years ago.  Seemed like he knew what he was doing there.  Not sure if he is doing the hunts himself anymore.  This Ross Hammock ranch is alot closer to me.  But I dont know anyone who has hunted there.  Hope to get some info. 

Offline RON17T

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 03:04:32 PM »
Brady Ranch also has them. Call Danny,it'll be worth the drive to get there. I've hunted with him twice and I came down from New York. He runs a great hunt,you won't be disappointed.

Offline safariaddiction

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 03:14:35 AM »
Yes i have seen the Brady ranch many times on TV.  They seem to have a great setup there especially for Axis hunting.  I have heard like others on the forum that they are closing or moving to a much smaller place. 

Offline RON17T

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 02:00:35 PM »
The Brady is closing in 2 years. They are moving all the animals to a new place on the seminole indian reservation. It's as big as the Brady but more wooded and grown up. I was there a couple of weeks ago.It's down a dirt road in a very private setting. The lodge and sleeping quarters are all new and very nice. They're doing hunts there right now. Not sure about how many differnt types of animals,but at least axis deer,rams,and possibly blackbuck.