Author Topic: Help??? Scope bases Win 94AE?????  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Redie Fredie

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
  • Fred "G" Sanford
Help??? Scope bases Win 94AE?????
« on: July 18, 2010, 06:54:37 AM »
I have a Winchester 94AE / Big Bore, If someone could help steer me toward the proper number scope mounts (any brand would be a plus from present) The front base screws are on each side of the round reciever-say 10 and 2 O-clock. Rear mounts are on each side of the reciever-vertical, just outside the bolt. I bought a set of bases for it, but the front base has two fore-aft screw holes like a bolt action base would!? Not right for mine.
"the G Stands for Guns"

Offline Happy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Help??? Scope bases Win 94AE?????
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 07:14:25 AM »
I put Weaver base's noted for the big bore . Think the # were w13o54 & w13053 . Not sure they are Weavers #'s or the store's item #'s . My 94 307W BB is one of the early models with out the cross bolt safety .
The secret is that you need base's for the early production 94 BB guns which are indeed grilled @ 10 and two O'clock on the front base  .
You might have just got a 94 base then too. (Scat happens) .
Happy Huntin'
Love mine .
Happy

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 02:47:30 PM »
AFAIK, Weaver bases are only of the later/inline type that fit later BB94's and all other 94AE's.

IIRC, the only place to obtain those early BB94AE bases, which have a front base with the straddle screw holes, is directly from Winchester.

Have you called their Parts Dept ?  If they don't have them in stock any more, perhaps they can direct you to another source.

There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline Happy

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 04:07:42 AM »
I looked in Brownells Catalog that I had .
Weaver bases for the (94AE BB are # 403 and #95.
You could call or E-mail Weaver to comfirm the part numbers .Which would settle the matter once and for all.
Then any shop that carries all Weaver bases should have stock.
Hope  that is it .
Happy

Offline Happy

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 07:10:53 PM »
Redi
Did you get the base's .

What do you plan for glass ?
I got the bushnell 1x28 Dot site going hunting this year . Think I might settle later on a 1,5 x4 or something .

Offline Larry Gibson

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 09:11:01 AM »
I use Leupold bases on mine. My older Brownell's lists them as part #526-000-032 for the set.  They allow the scope to be mounted as low as possible with low rings, much lower than with the Weaver bases and low rings.

Larry Gibson