Author Topic: Nikon or Redfield  (Read 3929 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: Nikon or Redfield
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 04:12:08 PM »
I've never had any brand of scope let me down in over 35 years.  I'm not a scope snob.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2010, 02:44:36 AM »
Ive had three crap the bed in the last two months.
blue lives matter

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2010, 03:40:45 AM »
Mostly it's about how they were mounted.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 02:00:24 AM »
I know i seem like a nikon hater but im actually not. I posted in another post on here how well nikon treated me with binoculars which by the way i like very much. We did some more side by side testing out crop damage shooting last night. We took the new pair of nikon 8x40 monarch binocs they just sent me and compared them to my 8x30 and they hands down beat the stieners for picking up light in low light and even in the daytime just looked brighter. That was two differnt guys looking and agreeing. But now to rifle scopes. I bad mouth the prostaffs and i about have to lump the buckmasters in it two after last night. My buddy had his weatherby 06 with a buckmaster 3x9 on it and i was trying to shoot a deer at 400 yards under an apple tree and couldnt get a good clear focus at that range. I tried for about 15 minutes to fool with the focus and just could get it. Grabbed my #1 2506 with a vx11 luepold and it was clear as a bell. Never did get a shot at that deer as it was hidden to well in the tall potato plants but at dark we put them both accross the hood of the truck an sorry nikon fans but that leupold was much better in low light. My brother in law went out west with a buckmaster on an 06 and was so dissapointed in it in low light that as soon as he go home he ordered a new scope. He did buy another nikon. A monarch and thinks its hands down a much better scope opticaly. I have to agree as ive yet to see a monarch that wasnt an exceptional scope.
blue lives matter

Offline demented

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »
 I "think" (UH-OH thats bad)  that we're beginning the apples vs oranges discussion here.  My Leupolds don't sell under 200 bucks so my comparing them to scopes in that price range isn't quite fair.  Finding a scope in the $200 range that can give my Leupolds a run for their money both mechanically and optically would seem akin to a miracle but my mind is not closed to that possibility, no matter how remote the chance. 

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2010, 03:39:23 PM »
I assure you that they are common.