Author Topic: H&R multibarrel  (Read 571 times)

Offline fish121

• Trade Count: (0)
H&R multibarrel
« on: September 04, 2010, 10:29:31 AM »
New to the forums here so forgive me if this has been asked.
Need some opinions.

I purchased a 12ga. recently with NV serial #
I like sporting clays and trap, but would like to do some water fowl and upland bird hunting, maybe deer.
I'm looking at a multibarrel set up.

Would you all recomend individual fore ends for each Barrel?

second question  Barrels and lengths?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: H&R multibarrel
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 02:42:13 PM »
Let me be the first to welcome you aboard buddy. For a shotgun I don't think there would be any advantage of a seperate forearm for each barrel, you are not interested if the point of impact changes 1/2 or so an inch at 100 yards. Seperate forearms are preferred by SOME for long range accurate rifle barrels.
As far as particular barrels for specific hunting applications, the same goes for these as for any shotgun applications. If you can, get a 12 gauge TDC barrel and a 20 gauge TDC barrel, each with screw in choke tubes and you will be ready to hunt everything from black bear to squirrels. Any barrel in between would be fine also. I suggest you read over the FAQ's about barrel fitting and then start watching the classifieds. Once you fit your fiirst barrel (if it does not fit as is) the rest will be easy...Nice to have you with us....<><....:)  
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Central Michigan
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »
If you're considering deer also, you could pick up an tracker II slug barrel possibly and add some accuracy with slugs.  8)
Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 05:24:38 PM »
tacklebury is right, the Tracker 2 (rifled) shotgun barrels are great out to 100 yards and even beyond, however a smoothbore barrel, even with just a simple bead front sight, using slugs it likes, is fine for deer out to 50 - 60 yards, and even 75 yards (+/-)if your good enough and if you practice....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline fish121

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 07:49:47 AM »
Any reviews on the new trap barrel?