Author Topic: Handi 243  (Read 378 times)

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Handi 243
« on: August 29, 2010, 09:03:02 AM »
It's the lite, nickle,with black synthetic stock. when I first got it, 3 inch groups were normal, but I kept shooting it. Today I was chcking it out since it had been ages since I shot it. Got  round  1 1/4" with 100 grain Federals....then I shot two of the Winchester Silver Ballistic  Tip  rounds ( I sve them for hunting)The 2 holes were touching...less than 1/2"..wish I knew how to handload rounds like those......anyone know the formula...

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
Re: Handi 243
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 11:14:36 AM »
That's an amazing group with those Winchesters,,they where the best factory I could find for the 708 too.
They'er the Nosler Balistic Silver Tip bullet of course,,and you have the overall length from a factory round,,and it will have a crimp right?
I took a few apart and found the powder was a duplex load of some ball and flake powder mixed, and I'd guess the case was only 80-85% full,,so all ya really gotta try is a few powders that'll give the matched velocity.
After shooting 2 boxes of the factory stuff I found I don't like the Silver Tip bullet,,the black coating was a PITA to clean from the bore, I've found good results with other copper jacket bullets,,I don't need that black goo in my bore.  ;) ;D
found elsewhere