Author Topic: New Goodies for the Colt  (Read 306 times)

Offline jmayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
New Goodies for the Colt
« on: January 04, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »
So my wife was good to me and let me order a bunch of new goodies for my Colt 6920.  Here it is in it's current configuration:

It will be getting a Magpul MOE Buttstock, Troy singlepoint sling attachment, Troy singlepoint sling, and a Troy TRX Extreme 7.2" battlerail. 

Now if I could just get the flash hider off, the project would be nearly done!

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
Re: New Goodies for the Colt
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 08:19:07 AM »
Sounds good, to get the flash hider off use a bench vise and clamp the barrel in the vice between two half inch or thicker peices of wood tighten it up pretty much as tight as you want so it crushes the wood. It won't hurt the barrel ie scar it, then get a wrench on the flash hider. If it were me I'd replace the flash hider with a fsc 556 flash hider/ compensator. I just picked up a ar 10 and just ordered a ergo grip, the moe stock and a fsc 30. I'm still deciding how I want to go with the forend guard.

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
Re: New Goodies for the Colt
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 05:07:57 PM »
Ok, so here it is.  I like the way everything came together.  If I had a bit more budget, it probably would have had a 9" rail, lp gasblock, and a GG&G flip-up front sight.  But I like this configuration a lot.  Don't know how I'm going to like the one point sling, but I'll run it that way a while and see how it goes.