Author Topic: Colt AR Match Target Competition question??  (Read 1564 times)

Offline geronimo.tn

• Trade Count: (0)
Colt AR Match Target Competition question??
« on: October 02, 2010, 06:22:58 PM »
Just bought my first AR which is a Colt Match Target Competition H-Bar.
What is the difference between this rifle and the Standard Colt?  :-\
In other words, what feature represents the "match" designation?  what feature the 'target' and what feature or features come with the 'competition' designation.
I've seen other Colt ARs that have only one or two of the designations, so they apparently represent some upgraded feature not found on the standard Colt AR.

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
Re: Colt AR Match Target Competition question??
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 04:32:47 AM »
Ok, I figured some of the other, more knowledgable folks would have chimed in on this.  Here's my stab at answering your question: Colt has two lines of rifles:  Those from Colt Manufacturing, and those from Colt Defense.  For working rifles or serious three-gun comp shootes, the Colt Defense rifles are the way to go with the LE6920 being the premier civilian rifle available in that line.  Yours is from the more civilian/DCM-oriented Colt Manufacturing.  All the current rifles in this line are designated "match target" including the M4 version.  I'm guessing that there is nothng that defines them as "match target" other than Colt's marketing department and their intended use.  In that line there are two distinctions:  the "match target hbar" (MT6601 and 6601C) and the "match target competition" (MT6700 and 6700C).  The "C" rifles have a compensator.  The only difference that I can find between the "competition" and non-competition rifles is the upper.  The "competition" version has a flat-top with a removable carry handle and the non-comp has a standard A2 upper.  Other than that, I would bet they are identical.  But any way you look at it, Colt doesn't make a bad rifle. . . they all run and shoot great. . . I know mine does.  Enjoy.

Offline geronimo.tn

Re: Colt AR Match Target Competition question??
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 05:40:17 PM »
OK, thanks for the info,, mine obviously is the 6700 version.. I like the rifle other than the factory forearm which rattles,, been thinking about swapping for a free float version.
thanks