Author Topic: deer cart  (Read 1932 times)

Offline rpseven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
deer cart
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2004, 12:57:15 AM »
First off there is no such thing as a dumb question. After I field dress my deer I just unfold my cart if its not already unfolded and roll along side the deer and just roll the deer over on to it and strap it on and take off with it and thats it.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
deer cart
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2004, 05:27:50 AM »
Where I hunt the deer don't grow heavy enough to be a problem. You can just lower one end to ground and them pull them up onto it if too heavy to lift. I just lift them on and then pile my other gear on top and head out.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ARO

• Trade Count: (0)
deer cart
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2004, 03:22:57 AM »
i have a versa-cart, bought it at the harrisburg show a few years ago. i believe ole' man treestands is now producing them, used to be made by NTX.
hands down the best cart i have ever used, all aluminum frame and inverted wheels so it will not flip over. i paid about $200 for it, with the side rails.
worth every penny plus!!!!!!
ARO

make'em a star!!!

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
deer cart
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2004, 02:44:19 PM »
Can't say for sure but when I called Cabella's and asked, they knew of no  carts that were made, here, in the U.S.A. All, that they knew of, were made overseas. Most are marketed by U.S. firms. It's getting very hared to find anything that WE make.
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!

Offline tscott

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
deer cart
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2004, 02:54:39 PM »
I am 57. and over the years have become concerned, with blowing out a knee, back, dehydration, heart, etc. I also still earn my living in fitness.
So I stay in shape. I hunt mountains, remote areas etc.
If the law permits, I use a medium to large backpack, two (unscented)
kitchen garbage bags, gutting knife, 6" Rapala  filet knife. After gutting and saving liver and heart, I string parachute cord through one hock.
At 6'5" 210lbs, I have enough leverage to get a 120 - 150lb dressed buck
approx. 2/3rd off the ground. I then skin and bone the deer, filling each bag 1/4 to 1/3rd full. This yields about 50 to 70lbs of meat. Again all in a moderately sized backpack. I then call the 800 number to register my kill
and record the # issued, and punch the license. Antlers are tied to the
hangup hook on the top of the pack.
Now put your (small) thermos in the back compartment of your fanny pack, so that the load rests on your hips taking the pressure off your lower back. A nice careful slow walk out of the woods, may also produce
another deer, as happened to me. I again evolved into this by myself,
but I have seen that there is at least 1 instructional video, explaining
how to do this... Sorry for being so long winded....