Author Topic: Used Leupold Vari X iii 6.5-20  (Read 1653 times)

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
Used Leupold Vari X iii 6.5-20
« on: September 27, 2010, 05:32:31 AM »
What should I looked for to value it. Appears to be on a Remington 700P in .308. Target turrets. I think that it had either Heavy Duplex or Mil Dot reticle. Premier Reticle sticker on it. Think it had a front AO. Worst case this is a $300 scope correct? Looking at $850 otd, and figuring it is a deal if the optics are worth half. The shop is of little help as they told me over the phone that it was a VX3. Since I was fondling it Saturday, I know that much is incorrect. Trying to keep my questions simple.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Used Leupold Vari X iii 6.5-20
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 06:03:17 AM »
I can't imagine a heavy duplex on that scope and if it has it then I'd say it would be hard to sell and useless for what the scope is intended. Normally it would have a fine duplex or dot or mil dot reticle I'd think.

Being a Vari-X III as opposed to the newer VX-III does reduce value for sure. Assuming it has an appropriate reticle and not one that someone would have to pay to have changed out yes it is worth $300 and some folks seem to think them worth more than I must say I'm not one of those folks.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 06:55:33 AM »
Interesting....I have Vari X-II in 6.5x18 AO with Target Turrets and I paid $300 for it new about 6 or so years ago.  I just bought a used Vari X-III in 3.5x10 silver for $325 a few weeks ago.  So...I'd say $300 is OK for the scope.
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »
For $ 300 I would buy a dozen if I could. Premier was the only after market shop that would not void their warrentee.