Author Topic: Google Earth...................HELP!!  (Read 728 times)

Offline Bill T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Google Earth...................HELP!!
« on: September 29, 2010, 07:22:08 AM »
This is the third time this has happened. I downloaded Google Earth a few months ago and everything worked just fine. It downloaded with no issues, and the icon was up and running on the desktop. Then this morning when I booted everything up, the icon was missing. I looked in "All Programs" and it was gone from there as well. I went to "Control Panel" under "Uninstall Programs" and there it was. But it won't let me open it, or reestablish it back to the desktop. It will only let me uninstall it, which I don't want to do. Before I uninstalled it, then turned right around and reinstalled it, but that is silly. The program is there, it just for some unknown reason slips into cyber oblivion and won't let me open it, or place it back to the desktop. I don't know why this is happening, or how to fix it. I use Google Earth all the time. There has to be a simple solution to get this back where it belongs. Nothing is happening to the file itself, it's just playing hide and seek for some reason? I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium Edition. Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing?  Bill T.

Offline nodlenor

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: Google Earth...................HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 04:15:05 AM »
That happened to me. I reinstalled it and haven't had any trouble since. I have no idea what caused it. I thought it was something I had done wrong.
Self government without self discipline will not work; Paul Harvey

Offline Bill T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Google Earth...................HELP!!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 05:48:53 AM »
Here is the fix:

To get your Google Earth back do this:

Open a my Computer window.

Go to your C:\ Drive

Go to Program Files(x86)

Go to Google

Go to Google Earth

Go to client

RIGHT CLICK googleearth.exe or googleearth and choose "Send To" from the first drop down menu
This will open a second drop down menu, chose "desktop (create shortcut)" from that menu.

This will place the shortcut back on your desktop.

Hope this helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/45033-google-earth-disappeared-program-list-2.html