Author Topic: TOO HOT !!!!!  (Read 634 times)

Offline Dogshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
TOO HOT !!!!!
« on: October 01, 2010, 09:38:19 AM »
Well, here I sit in my camp surfin the net on the opening day for Mule Deer and Moose. It is in the 80's today and expected to stay that way for a while. I walked out from camp this a.m. and did see a moose I could take but it is so hot I'd never get it to the processor before it spoiled. Luckily, my moose tag is good till November 15th. Ain't givin up yet cause I think I can get a deer down and out if have the chance. Hope you all have a great season.
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

Offline bigswede

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Contributor
Re: TOO HOT !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 04:56:19 PM »
Where you at?  Is it a general moose season or a draw tag?  Its been very hot here in N. Idaho as well. Our elk season starts Oct 10, its supposed to cool off next week into the 60's with some rain. I am looking forward to the cooler temps.  Good luck with your hunt.
"LIVE TO HUNT, HUNT TO LIVE"

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 05:54:59 PM »
I am in the southwest corner of Wyoming. Went out this evening and had a moose almost run over me but , unfortunately, there were five wolves on it's tail. The wolves ran past me growling and snarling and snapping their jaws. Scared me to death. They were about 20 feet from me. They sure do sound ferocious when they get that close. Thought it was a big dog coming brfore they cleared the brush cause I just heard a bark at first. My reaction to all the excitement was to return to my camp and anesthetize the shaking with a little Jack Daniels. (I only keep it for medicinal purposes.)
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 07:20:53 PM »
You mean your are hunting and didn't have a rifle with you or are wolves protected in your area?
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline bigswede

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 05:57:07 AM »
Sounds like you are at least getting some excitement!!  I thought all wolves naturally suffered from a lead defficiency ;)
"LIVE TO HUNT, HUNT TO LIVE"

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 10:40:48 AM »
We can't shoot them here, yet. Add that to the fact that the Game Warden was in the area and I figured I'd better not. I do a lot of coyote hunting in the off season and have been having wolves come in to my call more and more. I'd NEVER shoot one because it is against the law. I do notice that a lot of them end up dying from lead poisoning in these parts. But I'd NEVER!!!!!