Author Topic: Limbsaver vs Kick Eez Slip-On Recoil Pads  (Read 3192 times)

Offline Retsof

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Limbsaver vs Kick Eez Slip-On Recoil Pads
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:41:54 PM »
Hello, everyone. I'm getting my Handi in 500 S&W ready for the range in preparation for the start of deer season. Right after I bought the 500 S&W Handi a couple of years ago, I had the stock cut and installed a Limbsaver Slip-On Pad so that the LOP was to my liking. Thus far, I have no complaints. However, the Kick EEZ slip-on recoil pads with the sorbothane inserts have me intrigued. According to tests on their website, the Kick Eez is substantially more effective than the Limbsaver. Of course, I am dubious as to claims on any website, since it might just be marketing hype.

So, for any of you who have had the opportuntiy to try both of these pads, in your opinion is the kick Eez pad more effective? I'm assuming like thicknesses for both pads (ie, my Limbsaver is 1" thick and the regular Kick Eez slip-on pad has a 1/2" sorbothane insert with the option of adding 2 more 1/4" inserts).

Thanks.

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Central Michigan
Re: Limbsaver vs Kick Eez Slip-On Recoil Pads
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 05:43:15 PM »
Never used the Kick-Eez, but I use the Limbsaver.  Buy the Walmart version for 1/2 the price if you are smart under the Winchester branding.  I paid full price for one right before I discovered they were the same.  It really tames down my .45-70 & .45 Colt BC's and Muzzle loaders.  8)
Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.

Offline zoner

• Trade Count: (53)
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 03:15:35 AM »
i'll chime in for the limbsaver( the one walmart sells). Don't know about the kickeez, never used one. I have used the limbsaver and while the kickeez may be better the limbsaver is plenty good enough and the fact that they go out the door for about 20 bucks and you can switch it around at will on different guns sold me......Mike

Offline Retsof

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 12:01:08 PM »
Thanks for the replies. It wasn't a deal breaker either way. I already have the Limbsaver installed on my Handi. I was just curious as to the effectiveness of Kick Eez. To-date, I've only fired relatively light loads out of my 500 S&W. If I ever do get to shoot some heavy loads, I'll need all the recoil reduction I can get. Hence, the reason for my question.

Thanks again for your input.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 04:35:13 PM »
At Tim's recommendation I put a Limbsaver on my 45-120.  Absolutely NO complaints!  I never tried the other one but this one ain't broke!   ;D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 04:56:58 PM »
I had the stock cut and installed a Limbsaver Slip-On Pad ,,, However, the Kick EEZ slip-on

I think the key words you used here is "slip-on".
 You may find a little more satisfaction with the Limb Saver if it was more perminatley installed vrs slip on..
The Grind to fit are easy to install and lends a bit more stability,, ;)
found elsewhere

Offline SteveHawaii

• Avid Poster
  • Having fun at the Koko Head Shooting Complex
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 05:42:10 PM »
I like my slip-on Limbsaver.  It really helps.  But sometimes when I'm doing a lot of shooting with my 30-06 Remington 760, I'll start developing a soar spot, so I'll use one of those wearable pads in addition to the Limbsaver.  Guess I'm just a sissy.
We rarely think people have good sense unless they agree with us.
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Offline Retsof

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 05:53:30 PM »
I like my slip-on Limbsaver.  It really helps.  But sometimes when I'm doing a lot of shooting with my 30-06 Remington 760, I'll start developing a soar spot, so I'll use one of those wearable pads in addition to the Limbsaver.  Guess I'm just a sissy.

Make that 2 sissy's. I really don't like alot of felt recoil, though in the military years ago I fired some butt-kicking weapons.

Offline zoner

• Trade Count: (53)
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 03:07:50 AM »
FYI some of the shooting vests meant for sporting clays and skeet have built-in pockets @ the shoulder(inside) that accept pads made by kickeez and others.....another option

Offline Retsof

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 10:10:17 AM »
Thanks, Zoner. I'd forgotten about those.

Offline guns-o-fun

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 12:53:08 PM »
I have a kick-ez (grind to fit, IIRC) on a 338-06 carbine (if you can imagine such a thing).  Very effective at recoil reduction.  The 338 kicks pretty darn hard with 250 grain bullets.