Author Topic: Ejector spring  (Read 226 times)

Offline martyball

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Ejector spring
« on: October 03, 2010, 03:50:37 PM »
I just did the 357 max conversion and the reaming went as easily as advertised. (Thanks Tim the reamer will soon be on its way back) However in keeping with my philosophy that no job is so easy it cannot be botched I managed to lose the ejector spring.  I can't find one on the H&R site since they seem to have gone to extractors.  I'm not even sure what the spring is like since I never even saw it.  I did hear it though,  it sounds like tiing! as it bounces off a ceiling fan when you swing the barrel quickly.  Any suggestions on finding a replacement?  I'd like an ejector with some gusto like the original.  I've tried the local big box and auto stores with no luck.

Marty

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Ejector spring
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 04:00:38 PM »
Marty,

The spring is ~.210" in diameter, .031"-.034" wire, and about .875" long, give or take, dimensions vary a lot, Ace and True Value have a good selection of compression springs, I've not looked for one there, but it would be the first place to look if you don't want to order one from H&R or Brownell's, H&R still has them, all shotgun and rimfires are still ejectors. You can add a BB in front of it to increase power per the FAQs. They're $5 at Brownell's and another $5 shipping.  http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0/sid=676/schematicsdetail/SB2_Handi_Rifle_H_R_Ultra

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain