Author Topic: How much GBO member content in your Handis?  (Read 650 times)

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
How much GBO member content in your Handis?
« on: October 06, 2010, 05:18:41 AM »
Hi All,

I have 10 handis at this point which means I can still be treated in an out-patient facility, unlike a few un-named members. ::)

Of my 10 guns, nine of them have parts obtained from other members here on the forum.  I have bought and/or traded for a various assortment of parts including barrels, stocks, scopes, rails, refinishing & one complete gun.  I think GBO is one fine sight and I am very happy to have found it.  I consider all my Handis vastly improved by the parts & pieces I have obtained and more importantly by the knowledge shared by the other forum members.  Thanks to all.

Now to do something about my 45-120 that doesn't have GBO member accessories, well except for the brass, (thanks for the brass Blake and getting me into doing my own rechambers ;)).

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: How much GBO member content in your Handis?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 05:37:12 AM »
Blake, I started with an Ultra 308 and before I knew it I have a total of three. 308, 357max, .410.
There's a lot of good people here that talk Handi sence. I guess it's addicting and the concept is just so appealing.
Never thought on shooting levers and single shots when I was young. Tastes change as we age.  ;D
It sounds like there's no turing back now after you reach the magic ten. Watch out Quick.
Put that Toad hound on the sent and lets see some game down. -g
"In God We Trust - Everyone else keep you hands where I can see them!"

Offline yukondog

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (43)
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:55:26 AM »
Started with a 44mag. and on # 7 now, all parts except the 44 were gotten here.
an unloaded wepon is equal to the same mass and volume as a rock.

Offline nova71

• Trade Count: (60)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 08:07:37 AM »
I now have nine and all but one has at least one part I obtained from GBO, ;D That one is because I just got it Saturday at a gun show.... but I do have a different stock on the way for it  ;D
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. Psalm 118:8 (center of the bible)

Handi-List
 204Ruger, 223Rem, 243Win, 30-30Win,450 Marlin, 44Mag, 357Max, 357Mag, 45-70, 20ga Partner, 20ga shorty.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 08:15:10 AM »
I'm still at 47 total and a couple loose barrels, about half have are GBO "parts".

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 08:47:23 AM »
So 50% GBO member content?  Guess we should set 50% as the minimum required to be considered for the federal govt. funded Handi 12 step program. ;D  My wife is an RN, I will ask her what code is used to denote a Handiholic. ::)

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 08:51:20 AM »
I wandered in here a few years back with one 22 inch .45-70.  I now have 12 Handis, plus 1 Sportster and 2 Pardners.  I also have two SB2 frames and 3 stock sets sitting idle......It's about time to do something about that.  A .444 and a .500 might be in order. ;D ;D ;D  Here we go again... scopes, brass, bullets, powder, dies, slings, etc. etc.

As you can see, I'm not happy at all with my Handis.

Pete

P.S.  Don't tell Patty about this.......Hush.  Shhhhhh
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline thejanitor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (59)
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 09:04:21 AM »
Pete- Wives are kind of like our moms.... They know already before we even get home from the gun store.
They can sense it...  thejanitor

Offline Rotten RJ

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
  • Avid Poster
  • "Initial success or total failure."
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 10:58:34 AM »
Well, of my 13 Handis, GBO members can claim involvement with all but two.  Not to mention all the additional paraphernalia that seems to wind up gracing the man cave, like bullets, brass, dies, scopes and slings.  As a card carrying member of the original "12 step" program, I can attest to the vile addiction of this Handiholic affliction.  May God bless all you "enablers" here.
RJ
US Army (ret) EOD Master Blaster

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 11:15:23 AM »
Opps, forgot about my two camo lam thumbhole's from Boyd's that Tim suggested that are still in the closet. And there is the 223 bull barrel I picked up last year, the 410 C&R topper from another board,  and the 06 receiver & stock set from Jeffery8mm a few weeks ago. I guess I'm running at 50%  ;). Not terminal yet but working on it. I got winter time Handi work projects to do after deer season.
Hoping to step up to a big bore next year after getting all my kids in line and tuned up. -g
"In God We Trust - Everyone else keep you hands where I can see them!"

Offline guns-o-fun

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 01:29:39 PM »
Let's see...I have a 25-06 barrel from another GBO member thst shares a receiver with a 270, also purchased here; a 12-gauge full choke on an SB1 that I already had in house, and I am expecting a 45-70 barrel that I bought from one member and a really nice receiver with a real light "3 pound" pull that is waiting for the 45-70. (if the snail mail, parcel post ever gets it here, that is)...25-06 is a sweet shooter, I think the 270 is, but I have yet to get the ejector to work right long enough to find out, and I have a feeling the 45-70 is going to be a for-sure keeper.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 01:30:25 PM »
oh-lord !!!  i kan't even begin to count the ways  :o
my wife says " hell, they ain't no stop'n you till your planted"  :D
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline dave29

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (93)
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »
I only have 8 Handi's I believe. I have bought a few stocks and barrels from here.

Offline manatee1947

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »
being some of the poorer relations, I cannot afford the extensive involvement of the many here. I only  have 4 with a few extra barrels. My 1st pickup here in fact was a 22 Hornet barrel, from bikerbeans ironically. I bought a combo for my wife/ grandson at wally world, and then stumbled on this site. That led to a couple of barrels from the accessory program, which led to another rifle etc etc. If I had not found this site I would have still only had the original combo. It was one of the members here that was on another site ( related to a well known un-named magazine ) that steered me here initially through the cast bullet forum. I started looking around, found you guys, and the rest is history. You guys are much nicer. more informative, and a bunch more fun. ;D
remember the starfish

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 08:59:31 AM »
We don't even want to go there.
At this moment I really don't know how many.
I do know that along with Tim and a few others, we have aquired a very rare strain of our disease!!!  :D

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 09:51:45 AM »
I never thought about it before this thread, but I think ALL of my handi's have member content!   :D
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club