Author Topic: Haz-Mat Fee  (Read 802 times)

Offline Reverend Recoil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Haz-Mat Fee
« on: October 05, 2010, 08:25:37 AM »
Where do Hazardouse Material fees end up and what do they do with the money?

Offline DANNY-L

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (63)
Re: Haz-Mat Fee
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 08:41:12 AM »
probably the same place our taxes go,in their pocket.

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »
Good question,,I think the delivery outfit gets's it. See'ins how they gotta carry it with all those extra labels an paper work an such.
I'm guessin the seller probably gets a few dollars for the prep work too.
found elsewhere

Offline Reed1911

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (18)
    • www.reedsammo.com
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 11:41:19 AM »
Haz-Mat fees are charged by the carrier (that is UPS, FedEx, or other) They end up in the pocket of the carrier for carrying the proper paperwork in the cab of the truck, ensuring the paperwork is with the shipment and all the routing gets filled out and tracked accordingly, and for keeping all that crap on file for any DOT inspection both on the truck and at the office at a later date. Its a lot of BS to keep up with on the carrier's end, plus they have to make sure the driver has a Haz-Mat endorsement on their license. Fees are flat fees per box and posted on the carrier's website if you think you are being overcharged. Trust me, 20.00 a box is cheap. IF you cannot sleep one night, look up all the 49 CFR parts 100-185 they dictate all the regs and other books you have to look in to get the details of said regs.
Ron Reed
Reed's Ammunition & Research
info@reedsammo.com
www.reedsammo.com

Offline Reverend Recoil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »
I spent some time on the DOT web site looking through regulations.  It's one big tangled mess of red tap.  I hope this agency is more on the ball than the SEC.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 01:55:43 AM »
im sure the carriers need extra insurance for storing and carrying hazmat materials and my guess is that it is paid for by the hazmat fees. that and the extra cost of training and licencing the drivers, labels ect.
blue lives matter

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 04:19:52 AM »
Not to mention executive bonus's,matching employee retirement accounts, stock holders payments,etc.,etc.,etc.!! ;) gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline moorepower

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 01:02:47 PM »
I work for the Brown one, and every employee that works there must do an annual training of an hour or more, every package must be audited at every stop along the way. Hazmat responders must have annual training, which is about a day, and additional training and fitment testing of the scuba equipment. All the hazmat carts must be audited daily and signed off daily. In reality, I highly doubt there is a heck of a lot of $$ left when it is over. Add to that the potential DOT fines should someone not dot an I or cross a T, and well...