Author Topic: School me on the Leupold Scope  (Read 540 times)

Offline twohats

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
School me on the Leupold Scope
« on: November 29, 2010, 02:11:39 PM »
I just got a used Leupold M8 EER 2x20 that came with my .444 TC barrell today.This is my first Leupold and I bore sighted it today and to move it up I must go down and the same with the right and left.What am i missing here.All my other scopes seem to go in the direction indicated.What are the adjustments on this scope 1/2 or 1/4.Doesn't say.I know its probaby simple but I am missing it some how.Maybe you guys can get me on the right track...Thanks
The ground is always level at the foot of the cross..............

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: School me on the Leupold Scope
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 06:34:59 PM »
Twohats,

Are the turrets on the top & right sides of the scope?

regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline twohats

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 01:38:15 AM »
Yes sir they are.I shot it last night and it seems to move the reticle but in the opposite direction than what is indicated.I gotta be missing the boat somewhere.All my other scopes work fine with the bore sighter grid.Thanks for your reply.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 02:25:13 AM »
Every one I bore site is backwards from indicated when using a collimator. This is normal.

The "click" movement will depend on age of the scope. Although I'm thinking it's 1/2minute.
Dosen't have clicks tho rite? Just little marks it's a friction not click.

Cw
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline twohats

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 06:24:57 AM »
Yeah thats right,no clicks.Good so I'm not quite losing my mind then.It just seemed so different.I can tell more when i get on my range.Thanks

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 08:31:09 AM »
If you are trying to move the recticle to the bullet hole or laser point, then you have to reverse everything.

If you are firing, and your bullet impact needs to be moved up, down, or sideways, then the direction arrows on the turrets can be followed. 

Confusing until you do it once and understand what is happening - then it's simple to understand.  Good luck.

With a 2X scope, you will probably see the end of the barrel in your picture.  I like this, as I think it helps me acquire a moving target.  You may want to remore the front sight on your rifle barrel however, for a clearer picture.

Offline twohats

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 03:06:27 PM »
Thanks guys you all have been very helpful.I believe this will be good shooter.Has the factory TC Tamer installed and custom throating done so with this Leupold I hope to have a keeper..