Author Topic: Ok, What's The Redfield Revolution Real Life Reality  (Read 1143 times)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Ok, What's The Redfield Revolution Real Life Reality
« on: October 23, 2010, 02:51:07 PM »
Seeing as how these scopes have been around awhile now, for those of us who have them, what are your findings? I own a 2-7x33 with accu-range and while I like it, I think it is just ok. I own some VariX III's and some VX1's and think both have better glass/coatings, especially in shadowy type settings. I recently mounted the Redfield on my 30-06 Handi and will really give it a workout and post more.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Ok, What's The Redfield Revolution Real Life Reality
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 01:13:01 AM »
decent glass for the money but poor elevation and windage adjustments.Very vaque and not repeatable. ive got two of them and doubt id buy anohter.
blue lives matter

Offline eye shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 04:53:43 AM »
I have the 3x9x40 Accu-Range on a 12ga. slug gun, and we know that has more recoil than most rifles. After a hundred + slugs it's held up as well as any other scope. As far as glass goes it's very close to my Nikon Monarch, I can't tell any difference. Repetable for what it's a hunting scope. Sight it in and it stays there, thats all most hunters ask for. At 91% light retention this $150 scope is not far off of the 3-4, and $600 doller scopes with all there bells and whistles that a hunter dosn't really need. Just my opinion.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline 1Longbow

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 01:34:16 PM »
I bought the Redfield and a Vortex  for a varmint rig,after mounting and shooting both ,I sold the Redfield. I didnt like the adjustments,and I really did'nt think the glass was all that great,but thats just me--1Longbow

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 06:49:08 PM »
1Longbow, What Redfield did you buy? Also what Vortex and what did you pay for each?

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 05:35:46 AM »
1Longbow, What Redfield did you buy? Also what Vortex and what did you pay for each?

I'd be interested in that as well.  I'm in the market for a scope for my AR15, and had been looking at the Redfields as a possibility. 

Offline 1Longbow

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 02:35:33 PM »
I bought the Redfield (4-12-40) from the Optic Zone and I believe I paid right around $200.00. The Vortex Viper (4-12-40) I bought from Cameraland and paid around $250.00. To me the Vortex is twice the scope,great adjustments,and glass,and a fantastic warranty. I really wanted to like the Redfield,and if i had'nt bought the Vortex,I guess I would have kept it,and worked around it. After comparing the two side by side there was no question the the Vortex was the one. A buddy bought the Redfield from me and seems happy with it. --1Longbow