Author Topic: No Firearms Allowed?  (Read 1909 times)

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
No Firearms Allowed?
« on: January 20, 2011, 02:13:05 PM »
(If I'm posting this in the wrong place please accept my apology and move it where you see fit.)

Sooooo, you went through the exspense, the background checks and being fingerprinted to get a Concealed Carry Permit and the buiseness you wish to enter has a "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" sign posted?  ??? You don't much like the idea of having to disarm yourself, putting yourself at risk, knowing criminals sure aren't going to heed the sign?  >:( You take your buiseness elsewhere but it burns you to have to and you wish you could make your feelings known without raising a fuss. Well folks I have just the answer to your problem, and at no cost to you.  :) Let the buiseness owner know exactly how you feel. Yes, they have the right to post "NO FIREARMS" on their property but you have the right to spend your money elsewhere! Simply copy and print out, just a tad bit larger than buiseness card size, and tape one next to their " NO FIREARMS ALLOWED " sign!!!!  ;D A lot of anti gun people are anti gun simply through ignorance. It never hurts to try and educate them to the real facts and possibly turn them around. Better than just letting them multiply.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: No Firearms Allowed?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 03:50:18 AM »
since my gun is concealed, I just go on in.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 04:02:36 AM »
I have in the past called them later and expressed my concern along with letting them know I will not be doing business with them.
It only took about a half a year here in Oklahoma for those signs to start to dissappear.
Now days you hardly see one.

That being said I will make a few of those for when I do run across a gunbuster sign.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline scratcherky

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 04:10:40 AM »
When you just go on in, you run the risk of losing your carry permit and confiscation of your weapon along with criminal prosecution.
Don & man's best friend
Still looking at the green side of sod

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 04:44:12 AM »
When CC started in Va. a plumbing supply had a sign on  their stores . So I stopped dealing with them . They kept sending a salesman by . One day he ask why didn't I buy from them so I told him. The sign is no longer there . And no I was not the only one . They are a British owned company though. We also had a year warranty on another store that put up the sign . They called for some maintance work a week after the warrt went out we didn't go there either. Made little difference they were out of business soon after.
I wouldn't waste my time with them , ya can't fix stupid ! like the man said !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Richard P

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 06:07:51 AM »
You should research the laws on ''Trespass'' and ''Criminal Trespass''. I have read that ''the sign means nothing''. If you go in carrying concealed and are not discovered all is well.  If you are discovered you could be asked to leave and you must comply immediately.  If you are asked to leave, and you do not leave, they can call police and have you arrested for criminal trespass. 
  I have also read that ''not having a sign also means nothing''. You could be asked to leave and if asked, you should do so.  Dont invite trouble where there is none.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 06:13:23 AM »
In Va if a sign is poster you can lose your  right to tote it .

Offline rdmallory

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 06:13:50 AM »
When you just go on in, you run the risk of losing your carry permit and confiscation of your weapon along with criminal prosecution.

Nope depends on the state.

Not in Kentucky.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 06:31:22 AM »
why support the store ?

Offline quasne.inc

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 06:37:42 AM »
Obviously you need to know the laws of your state and obey them.  But if you are doing it right then no one knows you are carrying ever.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 06:52:40 AM »
 The Missouri Highway Patrol's booklet "Missouri Concealed Carry Laws" says you can't carry on private or public property where posted. You can be denied access or removed from the premises if caught. If a police officer is called, upon the first offense, you can be fined up to $100.
If within six months a second offense occurs, you can be fined up to $200 and your permit can be suspended for one year
If within one year of the first offense a third citation is issued for a like offense, you can be fined $500 and your permit revoked. Plus you won't be eligible for a new permit for a period of three years.

I don't see a lot of the signs but I do see them. Like stated, letting them know your feelings about it just might get the sign taken down.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 07:43:44 AM »
not supporting the store might keep them from donating money to support canidates that pass stupid laws  ;) . Sending hate notes might reenforce his resolve .

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 08:57:17 AM »
I don't consider the cards hate notes in the least. Rather it's a simple way to get a point accross in a way the buiseness owner can understand without having to argue. Heck, if the buiseness owner is thin skinned enough to consider the card a hate note then couldn't we just as easily, and fairly, consider his sign a hate sign discriminating against us? Makes just as much sense. The whole point is, the cards plainly state that you support the owners right to not allow you in while carrying but at the same time you have the right to spend your money eleswhere and not be at a criminals mercy while doing buiseness!

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 12:11:10 PM »
Depends on the state. "No firearms allowed" is not good enough. Not by far, In Texas. 

Offline squirrellluck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 01:53:42 PM »
I don't know the law on signs in Louisiana. But for me it is cut and dried, if the sign is there I shop elsewhere even if it means a 30 mile drive on up the road to the next town.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 02:22:14 PM »
Here's a thought. By putting up " No Firearms Allowed" signs a buiseness is telling you it's safe to do buiseness on their property.....unarmed! Soooo, lets say you get mugged on said property. Wouldn't that open the buiseness owner to a law suite for failing to protect you after basicly telling you he won't allow you to protect yourself?

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 04:11:48 AM »
In GA. it's a misdemeaner if caught.  it's also a misdemeaner to stick stuff on his door without permission.
since I'm already there, I go on in.  I just don't come back again.
with a misdemeaner, you don't lose your permit.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 04:47:25 AM »
  Best conclusion obviously,  don't patronize them anymore and MAKE SURE you let them KNOW WHY you don't come around anymore. Such a sign can only be nothing more than a "feel good" leftie device.
   look at the scenario; 2 guys come to that sign..both packing.. one a good guy, the other an outright felon..  Who is not going to go in ?  Who is going to go elsewhere ?  The sign should read... "Decent people who are carrying may not come in, hoods are welcome"..    
      Now, that sign only makes the poster look like he is either stupid or a liberal...
                                                                                                         ...But then,  Samo .... Samo !  ;) :D ;D ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 08:39:57 AM »
I do my best to respect their wishes. I don't enter while carrying, I don't stop carrying either. Post office is about the only place I can't get by without, and they will come to my house for just about everything imaginable. The pre printed cards or notes are very handy, but I'm afraid they don't get the respect of a personal message, face to face best with written and phone next in respect and Email being slightly better than a card stuck to the mirror in the john.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 01:58:49 AM »
 couldn't we just as easily, and fairly, consider his sign a hate sign discriminating against us? Makes just as much sense. The whole point is, the cards plainly state that you support the owners right to not allow you in while carrying but at the same time you have the right to spend your money eleswhere and not be at a criminals mercy while doing buiseness!
[/quote]
As a matter of fact I do feel his sign is a hate sign , he hates what is dear to me . I also feel he discriminates aginst the American way of life . If I can help put him out of business its considered a community service.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 03:03:30 AM »
As a matter of fact I do feel his sign is a hate sign , he hates what is dear to me . I also feel he discriminates aginst the American way of life . If I can help put him out of business its considered a community service.

Makes sence to me.   Wonder if we can sue for discrimination?  Apparently they only do business with criminals and sheep.   
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Richard P

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 05:11:08 AM »
Remember most businesses have had long experience with people not bringing loaded guns into their stores. They are intested primarily in providing a service or product in order to produce a profit and remain in business. They have to appeal to the largest public component. CC'ers are normally a minority.
  There is a resurgence in CC awareness and more of the public is electing to CC. That means working to reverse at least 50 years of retail experience.  It takes time to assure business owners that we are not the threat. Each year of good experience in having that ability to CC adds to more public confidence.
  Done properly no one knows who carried and who did not. So, the business owner cannot tell the difference. Businesses still retain a bias against CC.  It will take a while to convince them otherwise. 
  Be polite if you CC. If you feel a need to help enlighten a business owner please allow for their experience and right to operate their business. Thank you.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 05:45:05 AM »
What I have seen is they have a store and make a political statement at the door. The fact is they are controling what you can and cannot do ie protect yourself. They offer no protection to cover you while shopping. As stated they have no clue who has a gun . They have no effect on crooks so all they do is restrict a free person from personal protection. As for 50 years most haven't been in business that long ! And they need to appeal  to the largest public comp, fair statement ! the sign cuts off customers so in effect it is counter productive . Got anymore PC excuses ?
Best way to enlighten anyone is thru. their pocket book ! Lack of income will be an experince they will remember.

Offline GH1

• A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2011, 12:44:39 AM »
I've yet to see such a sign, so I really don't know how I would react, I guess it would just depend on the situation. Still, the store owner has every right to not want weapons in his place, just as I have every right not to shop there.
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 10:28:16 AM »
According to a Missouri Firearms Attorney, buisenesses put up No firearms Allowed signs mainly because their insurance companies demand they do. However, just as when a parking lot that takes your keys then becomes responsible for your vehicle, any place that puts up a No Firearms Allowed sign then becomes responsible for your safety by taking that ability away from you! The insurance companies don't worry because they will only pay on accidents, not if you get robbed or worse. Any damages payed would have to come from the buiseness itself. Good info to know.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 10:37:54 AM »
When CC was opened up here in MN more those signs went up. Most came down within 6 months. I know of one convenience store where I personally talked to the owner and the sign was taken down immediately. He knew me and that I buy around 10,000 dollars worth of fuel there annually. Problem solved.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
I just don't take it personal. If the local ghetto mart store owner wants to get gunned down by a robber then have fun. Texas law requires a safe place to work. Good luck with that one insurance company....  When the family shows in court with 15 grandkids the no firearms allowed is an after thought.

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 03:15:08 PM »
I guess that probably since Branson is a tourist town that's the reason we run into the signs here more so than other places. In my opinion though that's all the more reason folks should carry. Where there are tourists there's always an abundance of predators. I wonder what would happen if you asked a store owner that since he won't allow you to carry the weapon, that you are licensed to carry, into his store.... will he personally garauntee that you won't get mugged walking to and from your vehicle? Pointedly reminding him that that is when people often get mugged! Will he admit responsibility if you are mugged or, if he won't garauntee your safety, will he provide an armed guard to walk you or a family member to and from their vehicle if he want's your, your families, and your friends, your friends families and their friends buiseness? Might be interesting just to hear what they would say. I might give it a try just to see their response. It would be particularly interesting if the conversation took place in front of other customers.  ;)

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 12:29:08 AM »
I think that I am as clever as the average BG---and he does not care what the sign says.
I keep thinking back to the fact that from 1964 until 2000 I carried illegally--almost everwhere I went---to include bars and hospitals.
Why would I change my habits now?
If they stopped the CCW option and took it away--I would be back to square one---and square one worked for me.
Papers and laws do not prevent---they just offer paperwork to report.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD