Author Topic: Deer Hunting in Shorts!  (Read 528 times)

Offline kc5rkg

• Trade Count: (0)
Deer Hunting in Shorts!
« on: November 03, 2003, 05:28:20 PM »
Well the season opened here in Texas this past weekend and once again I was sitting in the stand with shorts on!  I cant wait for lower temps!  Sweating and fighting mosquitos is no fun when your hunting.   I envy you guys up north with some cooler weather!  Hope everyones season goes good!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Deer Hunting in Shorts!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 06:21:34 PM »
Yup know what ya mean. Gun season hasn't opened here in Bama yet but it is way too danged hot. Mid 80s today and seting new record highs all over the state. Rat now as I write this a little before midnight it is still in the mid 60s outside. Sure hope it changes before gun season opens later this month. Right now the yellow jackets and mosquitos would make hunting near impossible.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Myk

Deer Hunting in Shorts!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 08:02:40 PM »
Don't envy too much. The day after I shot both my bow deer it went up to the 70°'s-80°'s.

I really thought with this last one I would get to hang it for at least a day before having to get it in the fridge.

Offline Hound_Dog55

Deer Hunting in Shorts!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 12:48:10 AM »
I know what you mean too. Took my son on the juvenile hunt this past weekend. Got hot real quick. High was 80 degrees in southern middle TN.
Just not deer hunting weather. Quail season opens this weekend and unless something drastic happens with the temp., my dogs will stay home.

Offline grouper sandwich

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://members.fishingworks.com/groupersandwich/
Deer Hunting in Shorts!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 02:47:21 AM »
You should try hunting in Florida right now! :eek:

Offline kc5rkg

weather
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 05:31:12 AM »
Well at least I know I'm not the only one!  I think we're actually gonna get down into the high 40's low 50's this weekend....better get out the heavy gear, thats like a blizzard here :)

Offline grrdt

Deer Hunting in Shorts!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004, 07:50:01 AM »
you guys are lucky. sometimes i go out and its 15 below :?  thats no fun either

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Deer Hunting in Shorts!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2004, 01:41:03 PM »
I've been out in our late season where the deer disappears in the snow when it falls (late bow season).  Then when you are dragging it out of the woods you have to have someone break trail in front of you or you are not going to make it.  I have seen several winters where you'd be better off to just build a fire and eat it there, cuz it is so much work to drag it out.

long
Life is short......eternity is long.