Author Topic: Received info on Scout from factory  (Read 1078 times)

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
Received info on Scout from factory
« on: December 07, 2010, 04:01:33 AM »
*All caliber barrels are extractor.
*The factory trigger pull is 3-6 lbs. You can have it lowered by sending it back. I couldn't find out where back actully was. ;D
*The camo stock set shown on the CVA video supposedly is N/A on the Scout.
*The Dead On factory (all in one) mount ring height will accomodate a 40mm scope objective. If you choose to go lower the DS412 S(stainless) or B (black) rail ($13.95)needs to be ordered, and scope rings purchased for weaver style rail.
*Barrel Twist Rates are 1 in 10 for 7mm-08 and 30-06. They indicated the Whelen was also 1-10 the .270 1 in 20(might not be right) and also the .243 1 in 20(might not be right) No info was available on the 44 mag whatsoever.
* The CS rep was very friendly but not real knowledgeable and the info he was given was not very complete.
* The phone number I used is 770-449-4687

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Received info on Scout from factory
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 02:13:13 AM »
Are they going to introduce new calibers?  I'm wanting another single shot but I want a .308.  I could get another Handi as I've had good luck with them, but I want to try one of these.

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 03:52:54 AM »
Are they going to introduce new calibers?  I'm wanting another single shot but I want a .308.  I could get another Handi as I've had good luck with them, but I want to try one of these.
No idea as to what thier future plans hold. It was difficult to obtain this information. Nice people, not very well informed though.

Offline BCall

• Trade Count: (45)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 03:34:34 PM »
I would imagine the 243 and 270 are 10" twist as well. I don't think a 20" would work with anything except maybe the lightest bullets. My Optima Elite 243 has a 10" twist and I assume the scout has a Bergara barrel as well. If you look at Bergara's website, they listed the twist rate for everything at 10" except the 7-08 and the 45-70. Even the 22's are 10". I would imagine that the scout uses the same basic barrel blanks as the OE or Apex.

Offline huntinhick

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 02:49:49 PM »
Hello all,

couple of questions to add,  can you buy the compact stock to instal on a normal scout?  also anyone that has a scout, does it look like you could cut the stock down a little more?  How close are they to that 5.8 lbs they say on the site.  I wish they made it in 223 also.

carl