Author Topic: 10mm kill thread...  (Read 3265 times)

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
10mm kill thread...
« on: November 21, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »
   i loves me my 10mm.   kinda an offbeat cartridge, i feel like it doesnt get the attention it deserves.    i have seen quite a few nice pictures scattered throughout the site that guys have posted; and i figured we need a kill thread for the 10mm so guys can post pictures of their successful hunts.  
   i have no pictures, but my brother and i did score a double on porquipines last year with our tens.  he also finished his bear this year with his ten.  i will  post up a picture of it to get this thread started.  

Offline upnorthbacon

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: 10mm kill thread...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 07:58:31 AM »
I just posted my first kill, I'll repost here in hopes this thread takes off.

40yd shot quartering towards me, hit her behind the front shoulder, through one lung, through the liver, through a rib, with the bullet exiting the opposite side.  I was shooting a Glock 20 10mm with 6" Lone Wolf barrel.  Load was a 200gr xtp at 1190 fps handload.  The hole through the lung and liver were around the size of a 50 cent piece.  She went 60yds and piled up.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"  -George Orwell

Offline Justin10mm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »
Were to begin?  ;)

Offline nickE10mm

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 07:08:15 PM »

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 02:53:26 AM »
No auto's allowed here myronman although a single shot or revolver is fine. I guess they figure that we are not responsible enough :-\

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 03:55:23 AM »
that stinks, glance.   

great pictures, guys.  keep them coming.   

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 04:08:49 AM »
I just got on the 10mm bandwagon a couple weeks ago so no kills yet, but I hope this thread takes off!  The 10mm is the best kept secret in handgun cartridges out there.

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 01:08:10 PM »
It is a fine cartridge. I think the stigma of taboo against straight walled cartridges is finally showing its vulnerability due to responsible hunting and marksmanship. Not to knock the multitudes of choices but calibers from .38 Spl up to .44 Mag will bring home the game. About to enjoy two steaks courtesy of a standard .38 Spl Model 10-7. I wish the public had GBO 30 yrs ago as opposed to a gun mag to read with persons probably paid to promote a certain caliber or load. The world would be a much different place.