Author Topic: Will's Sportster Thread.  (Read 1600 times)

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
Will's Sportster Thread.
« on: April 27, 2010, 03:50:20 PM »
Has anybody any news yet as to how things are going with our latest Rimfire / Stuff giveway? Latest I have is I contacted Will FFL and put him in touch with the FFL who had the frame and I put the 22lr bbl in the mail to Will. I started this thread so we would not need to weed thru the muck of the other deal ;). Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline Dave223

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Will's Sportster Thread.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 04:11:42 PM »
I sent out the scope rings yesterday. I said I was going to send em last Thursday but dropped the ball, and i apologized via PM. BTW, hope you like the packing materials! ;D   Dave

PS, can you let us know when the parts arrive? Thanks
Sometimes, Its better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool then open it and remove all doubt.

Offline WannabeDeepSea

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 06:29:03 AM »
Hey guys,
I believe all of the parts are here except the receiver and the sling.  This has been like Christmas having things arrive.  Hehe, I have been "gitty" trying to hide the parts from the kids.  I kind of want it to be a little surprise for them(my 6 y/o Tate has to participate as well, even though Will's name was drawn, hope you all understand).  My plan is to, when the receiver comes in, treat it as a special occasion and set the boys down and tell them how the forum has this neat program, then allow them to open the boxes(again, since I already did once).  I(being a school teacher) will then have them lay out the parts on a piece of card board to see if they can figure it out a little.  We will then talk about each piece and what it does.  We will ultimately put it together(hopefully I'll figure it out) after the discussion.  I'll bore sight it and as soon as I can get the wife to the range we will have some results.  I plan to take(actually have my wife take) pictures through out the entire process.  We will post pics and some commentary, maybe I'll let my 9 y/o type it up.  My children will then pick an appropriate way to thank each one of you who donated.  We will also make a donation to the wounded warrior project as a family(thanks for the idea Dinny). 

Offline Dave223

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 08:13:47 AM »
cool idea with the WW program, and teaching your kids , not just putting it together!   Dave
Sometimes, Its better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool then open it and remove all doubt.

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 02:49:21 PM »
Sounds great Bill keep us posted. Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline Dinny

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (268)
  • "Medics Save"
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »
Sounds like a great plan!  I can't wait to see the pics and read all about the process. :)

Thanks, Dinny
Handi Family: 357 Max, 45 LC, 45-70, 300 BLK, 50 cal Huntsman, and 348 Win.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace"
Thomas Paine

Offline WannabeDeepSea

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 02:41:25 PM »
Hello all,

First let me apologize for the late undertaking of this project.  I, being a school teacher, finished the year (as usual) with much chaos.  Then after many years of contemplation we(my family and I) decided we were going to move back to Georgia.  So in the past couple of weeks, I have interviewed and accepted a position with the county of interest as well as spent a week in Gatlinburg on vacation.  After a couple of weeks trying to hash out a place to live, I got confirmation on a place yesterday(making the 5 hour drive to sign a lease tomorrow).  The crazy thing is I am teaching summer school till  7/29 and have to be at new teacher orientation on 7/28 with school starting 8/4(for my kids).  So something will have to give.  Anyway, I say all this because there has been a lot going on in the interim since receiving the parts, so please understand.  So, today, my children(Will and Tate) and I spent an hour or so assembling the parts.  It is an awesome little rifle.  They were super excited.  I got some pretty good pictures.  Thanks to all again.  Look for a full post with comments and pictures to come.  Please bare with me if it takes a little while, got a lot going on...  

Thanks,
Bill

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 05:41:45 PM »
Thanks for the update Bill, it does sound as if you have been busy!!! When you get a chance ( ;D ;D ;D) to post those pictures and send another report I am sure everyone here will be interested and happy to get any new info. No rush buddy, whenever it gets posted we will appreciate it. All the best with all you are involved in and with all the changes....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline gcrank1

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 08:04:56 AM »
You got full plate!....do what you can, as you can, and keep the fun in it.
"Halt while I adjust my accoutrements!"
      ><   ->
We are only temporary caretakers of the past heading toward an uncertain future
22Mag UV / 22LR  Sportster
357Mag Schuetzen Special
45-70  SS Ultra Hunter with UV cin.lam. wood
12ga. 'Ol' Ugly OverKill', Buck barrel c/w  SpeedStock  and swap 28" x Full bird barrel, 1974

Offline WannabeDeepSea

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 04:45:46 PM »
Hello all.  Just wanted to update.  We have moved and gotten settled.  I have not hooked up the computer that has the pictures on it.  I will be doing that very soon.  Again I apologize for not having this all wrapped up.  There is a range near me and I will be taking the boys there soon.
Thanks.