Author Topic: Nosler Partition.....changes?  (Read 604 times)

Offline jonr

• Trade Count: (0)
Nosler Partition.....changes?
« on: July 23, 2004, 02:42:57 AM »
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Have there been any changes in the partition over the years? I have an older box of bullets that my dad bought some time back that he suggest I use. I just want to make sure that there has not been an improvement to their process that would justify buying new bullets.

Thanks!

Jonr

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 11:59:07 AM »
jonr,

Nosler has changed the weight is some of the calibers(such as the 117 gr. .257 to 115 gr.) but the design is still the same.  Lawdog
 :D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 09:00:40 PM »
I have a box of 30 cal 200 gr Noslers from back in the early 70s with two bullets left in it.  I recently bought a box of new ones, they look differant.  One has a blunter tip, (I can't remember which), also I believe the connalure ring is now missing.  I believe any changes made were improvements, but the old ones will still work just fine.  They were so far ahead of their time back then, the old styles are still in the running in my humble openion.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.