Author Topic: Euro Optics LTD... Anyone deal with them.. Know of them?  (Read 480 times)

Offline Brithunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Euro Optics LTD... Anyone deal with them.. Know of them?
« on: November 26, 2010, 10:28:14 AM »
Hi All,

Someone on a British forum posted a link to this vendor and I wondered if any GBO members had experience with them?

Not in a rush it will be Febuary probably before I can do much about ordering a new scope and their prices look good so hence the question.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
Re: Euro Optics LTD... Anyone deal with them.. Know of them?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 06:18:58 PM »
No not me, who are they?

regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:26:49 PM »
Brit, the best inexpensive scope I personally have used is the Swift. Swift is a old optical company that mfgs miscroscopes, telescopes, and binos. Now getting big in the riflescope field. Medical optics and birders have long known about Swift. Now sportsmen are learning about their products.  ;)  A few years ago I bought several of their riflescopes and used some myself & gave some to friends. We all liked them. The prices are creeping up of late though.  :o  supply & demand don't ya know.

regards,
Byron

NRA LIFE

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:09:30 PM »
Thank you pastorp,

I am aware of the Swift name through the Bird watching community and some friends who have been doing it for years. The problem is getting some to ship scopes out of the US. Then I need to check if they do a reticle that suits my shooting which is why I asked about this Optics firm as they are offering the Meopta 2000 Series 6x42 at $300.

OK with shipping and the import duty this end will add a bit on but it's way less they are available here in the UK for. As I had not heard about this company before I asked the members here if they knew of them. Hmmm just doing a search on Swift scopes I see Optics Planet will ship outside the US so I might e-mail them and ask what other costs are involved. The swift reticle seems a bit fine for what I need, like Leupolds norma reticles, but we shall see. I did try to buy a Swift scope some years back for my 6mm Rem chambered HB varmint rifle but the vendor decided shipping out of the US was too much hassle for them to deal with.

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 09:35:31 AM »
Brit,
If it's legal I would be glad to pick one up for you and mail it too you. I don't know if that's considered importing but like I said if you say it's legal.  ;D

Regards,
Byron

NRA LIFE

Offline Brithunter

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »
Pastorp that's a generous offer but I would suggest the problem is the US end with the Patriot act which I believe requires export permits for optics. I would not like you or any other to fall foul of the law. This company Euro Optics will get the required permits as will Lee Precision as I have brought direct from them before.