Author Topic: Re worked stocks  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
Re worked stocks
« on: December 08, 2010, 06:43:55 PM »

Some time back someone posted pictures of some stocks that Andy reworked for them. I searched for them myself but couldn't find them. If anybody has some of those pictures could you please post them again?  Thanks ;D
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Re worked stocks
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 07:31:06 PM »
They're in the FAQs in the Reshaping Stocks thread.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 08:05:12 AM »

Thanks I didn't know that was in the FAQ as well.

Well I won't have any problem finding it now... I made one of those pictures my wall paper. ;D

Offline matthew_h

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 04:27:49 AM »
i cant resist showing my .410 with stocks Andy did for me . i love this gun , best shotgun for squirrels i have ever had  .

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 07:18:02 AM »
  You know you guys aren't makin this any easier for me. I sent Tackleberry  a M.O. last Monday for a .410 barrel and umm, the umm wonderful ($#&%@) people that transport such items haven't caused it to arrive yet. So I have a squirrel hunt planed for Wed. and Thur. which I guess will end up with me and the 20 ga. instead. That's exactly the setup I'm looking to build. The straight stock with the .410 barrel. I guess I can finish the stock while I'm waiting.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 12:21:09 PM »
i cant resist showing my .410 with stocks Andy did for me . i love this gun , best shotgun for squirrels i have ever had  .

Me thinks, Andy has done a rite fine job on them stocks!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 08:18:33 AM »
This stock set was fitted to the gun by Andy, with alittle releif work done on the butt stock! Wonderful....Skilled craftman....Andy is!

Froghunter

"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 10:52:38 AM »
Thanks Matt, CW, and Bill for the good words. I am happy the stock work worked out for you Matt and Bill. The guns looks good and I'm very happy you like the stock work....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 10:59:22 AM »
Thanks Matt, CW, and Bill for the good words. I am happy the stock work worked out for you Matt and Bill. The guns looks good and I'm very happy you like the stock work....<><....:)

KUDOS to you Andy!!

MERRY CHRISTmas to all,
 CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 11:10:33 AM »
I'm always proud to show off Andy's Handiwork. Andy cut this butt stock for me a few years ago, it now resides on my 16 gauge which I used to take a turkey this past fall:
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 12:03:10 PM »
Like you DB, I also like my 16's and straight stocks as well. That is really a "sweet" 16!!! (sorry Browning, but this one looks better).
Thanks DB, and thanks for the picture as well. It really looks nice, like a big brother to Matt's .410....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 07:06:38 PM »

Andy you are quite a trend setter. I think Remington should start paying you a consulting fee. If you could just show them how much money they could save by using the straight stocks vs the pistol grip ones you'd be in the do ra me.

I'm getting a feel for mine. I have a TDC that my son got me for Christmas a few years ago that would make a beautiful straight stock but in my eyes it needs a schnable forend to go with it to be complete.I wouldn't mind re working that stock because it was never checkered so even though it's walnut, it doesn't look just right.  If we can get that figured out we will have achieved the higher level. IMHO.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 02:22:05 AM »
Rusty, one thing I like but is not pictured here is a Monte Carlo stock reconfigured into a straight stock with just a bit of addittional shaping and enhancing to the forward part of the Monte Carlo area, where it meets the wrist or pistol grip of the stock. I like to think of it as being a H&R "Shutzen" style stock. I have made a couple for myself and really like them....<><....:)

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 01:02:44 PM »
Like you DB, I also like my 16's and straight stocks as well. That is really a "sweet" 16!!! (sorry Browning, but this one looks better).
Thanks DB, and thanks for the picture as well. It really looks nice, like a big brother to Matt's .410....<><....:)

Thanks Andy, that 16 is my favorite shotgun ever. Lightweight, fast and nicely balanced. The only thing I'd like to do to it is put a better recoil pad on it but other than that it's perfect.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783