Author Topic: Ultra Barrels  (Read 542 times)

Offline Westfielder

• Trade Count: (0)
Ultra Barrels
« on: December 23, 2010, 05:20:03 AM »
Hi, I am new to the forum and Handi Rifles. I purchased a Ultra Fluted Hunter in 204 Ruger and I was wanting to know if there was another source for barrels other than sending my rifle back to H&R? I was trying to find a 223 bull barrel.

Offline knight0334

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners
Re: Ultra Barrels
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 05:35:42 AM »
Other than a few gunsmiths - no.

H&R makes the lugs that get welded to the barrels, then fits the lugs to the receiver.   All that anyone else can do it buy another barrel from a private source and hope it fits, or do the minor fitting themselves.   Or, to use a donor lug and/or bobbed barrel to Frankenstein another manufacturer's barrel to it.

H&R barrel program is far cheaper than paying a gunsmith to do the Frankenstein work.
RIP ~ Teeny: b.10/27/66 - d.07/03/07

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 06:04:29 AM »
    Welcome to the forum!
  Don't sell the factory barrels short. They can turn out some pretty accurate stuff. I have a lightweight barrel that shoots 3/4" groups.

Be sure to read and reread the FAQ section as there is a wealth of information there.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Offline bigvarmnt

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • N. E. Indiana
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 06:23:18 AM »
Welcome, Have you looked at the classified section? A couple 223 bulls have just sold there lately. You may want to stay out of that section though, it's not a good place for the weak ;D

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 11:04:43 AM »
Bumpaty, Boom, Boom, Boom, another one bites the dust.  Go to the Classifieds, you won't be able to pry your self away.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.