Author Topic: Belted Magnum Collet Resizing Die  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Belted Magnum Collet Resizing Die
« on: December 23, 2010, 09:58:39 AM »
Does anyone use a Belted Magnum Collet Resizing Die when reloading belted magnum brass?  Are they necessary?
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Grumulkin

• Trade Count: (33)
    • http://www.orchardphoto.com
Re: Belted Magnum Collet Resizing Die
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 10:06:43 AM »
Don't waste your money.  I bought one several years ago and to date, despite shooting over half a dozen different belted mags have never had the need to use it.

Offline john keyes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 12:22:31 PM »
I've got a set of 20 300 Weatherby brass that have been resized a few times, though I have a big box of new brass.  I've seen the ad for that die a few times and wondered what the deal is. 

I"ve only ever had one and only load. 82.0 gr RL22 and a 180 gr bullet.  Got Advil?
Though taken from established manufacturers' sources and presumed to be safe please do not use any load that I have posted. Please reference Hogdon, Lyman, Speer and others as a source of data for your own use.

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »
Collet dies do work, but I personaly do not like them. I have used them on a couple of different rounds and may still have one laying around, but I won`t use it.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 02:13:41 PM »
This is not the Lee die.  It's an expensive die that resizes the area just above the belt.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 02:56:30 PM »
When you have trouble chambering a resized case, it's time to spring for the base-reducing collet. Until then, don't bother.
Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 10:46:54 AM »
This is not the Lee die.  It's an expensive die that resizes the area just above the belt.

Catfish wasn’t referring to any Lee die, but the actual die you are inquiring.

The Innovative Technologies Belted Magnum Collet Resizing Die obviously uses a collet to resize the portion of the case that may develop a bulge.  This die works perfectly for it intended purpose.

yooper77