Author Topic: Lyman 1500xp  (Read 415 times)

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
Lyman 1500xp
« on: December 24, 2010, 09:32:52 PM »
 Kids bought the 1500xp for Christmas ;D They said they didn't like the way I poured the powder out of the bottle in the shell and guessed at the amount :D  JUST KIDDING!!!!
 I have been using the Lee scale upto now ;)

Anyways. When I was setting it up and calibrating it per instructions. I actually read and followed. I zero then push the cal button, place on the cal weight, then push cal button again. That is when I am suppose to get a weight reading. Instead I get an error messege. Any suggestions?

I shot an email to Lyman, but I am sure they take holidays to(i hope they do) Thought someone may have had this problem before.

Thanks
Lonny

Merry Christmas

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Lyman 1500xp
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 11:18:24 PM »
did you warm the scale up and did you push and hold the button until the scale said cal then put the weight on
blue lives matter

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »
 It was on for a couple hours. I reread  the instructions and see I was suppose to wait 24 hours. So I guess I am now waiting.

After pushing the Cal but and it reads 20 g, I then put the weight on. Then pushed it again, that is when it went to error.

Thanks

Lonny

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »
 Ok, I let it set all night near 24 hours and tryed to calibrate the scale. Still get the error code after place the weight on the scale and pushing the calibrate button. Did I get a cheap or defective scale?

Lonny

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 01:14:24 PM »
sounds like somethings wrong with it.
Ok, I let it set all night near 24 hours and tryed to calibrate the scale. Still get the error code after place the weight on the scale and pushing the calibrate button. Did I get a cheap or defective scale?

Lonny
blue lives matter

Offline huntwithme2

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 04:27:13 PM »
i've had one of those scales for three years. i've sent it back twice now and both times they had to send me a new one,free of charge. when you call they always say that you are picking up static. that you have to clean it good with anti static stuff. that didn't work with mine. i just got my new one back the other day. if you reload on a carpet, put a rubber mat over the carpet, that helps a lot.  i still like my scale as long as when it has to get fix its free.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 08:40:47 PM »
 Mine went from the boxl to the kitchen cabinet. No carpet there. I tried one last time lastnight.No go, it is in the box. Next day or so, it is going back to Bass Pro.  ;) I use a Lee scale so I guess I will continue to use the Lee. So much for moving up to better equipment. ::)

Lonny