Author Topic: Merry Christmas to me, a New to me/older 1858 Rem NMA owner.  (Read 829 times)

Offline OldH&R156er

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Avid Poster
    • A New Frontier - Survival & Preparedness
Merry Christmas to me, a New to me/older 1858 Rem NMA owner.
« on: December 24, 2010, 01:20:43 PM »
Hello all!

I want to start this by saying that I have wanted one of these pistols, like a lot of you here, ever since I saw pale rider!

I started out last week looking for an 1858 Rem NMA .44 to buy myself for Christmas.
It started out Innocent enough, I would find one, buy it and be happy right?
Naw!
I first bought the brass ASM that reloader4410
"Thanks reloader4410"
had on here for sale "See bottom pic and the bottom gun" before it could arrive, aldar
"Thanks aldar"
on here put up a Lyman "Made by ASP or Euroarms, take your pick" for sale on the BP classifieds, and I just had to have that one too "Bottom 2 pics at the top of the pictures" so I did the deed.
It was in good condition and had a date stamp of AA, so that made it a 1975 vintage, so I was happy with that.
OK, I thought, that should do me.
Naw!
Was on Auctionarms.com and found this Euroarms "See the first 3 pics of it by itself" that the seller claimed had never been fired with a date stamp of XX9, that made it a 1973 vintage.
Hmm, I thought, it sure looks nice, and it would go along with that Lyman I just got, but the wife will kill me.
What the heck, at least I'll die happy, so I went ahead and did it!

And now, here I am thinking, this is cool, now I can do some serious carrying when I go to the range, or out in the back yard plinking around with the grandson!

BTW!
When the last one arrived, I tore it down and WOW, that seller was telling the truth, this gun had never been fired, it even still had the factories original grease inside of the works, and those tell tell places that people seem to neglect cleaning, like inside of those tight nook and cranies where all clean, and all of the metal parts still have sharp edges and there wasn't a nick or scratch anywhere!

Now I am really happy!,
But wait, there is still next week isn't there!
Oh, and I have a birthday coming up next month  ;D

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas to all!
Ken

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Merry Christmas to me, a New to me/older 1858 Rem NMA owner.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 06:35:51 AM »
No way! You can't possibly be happy untill you have a Colt Army, a Colt Navy, and a Colt Pocket Police. Remingtons are for target shooters, Colts are for real shootin'.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline OldH&R156er

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 10:59:11 AM »
Don't be a pn on my Rems so soon in my owning them.  >:(
Besides, if the Remingtons design wasn't good, why did Colt feel the need to copy the frame design in 1873 with the peace maker?  :P

Offline OldH&R156er

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »
Besides!
I was throwing around the idea of gettin one a dem pocket police guns anyway!  ;D

Offline rdstrain49

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 04:34:31 PM »
I luv my Colts & carry my Remingtons ;D