Author Topic: Opinions on Zeiss Diavari C & Kahles Scopes ?  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Marlin444

• Trade Count: (49)
  • Avid Poster
Opinions on Zeiss Diavari C & Kahles Scopes ?
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:34:15 PM »
Looking to up grade from my Leupold vx 11 to possibly a Zeiss or a Kahles .Are the diavari-c's better than the conquests & are they german made? Right now I can only afford a used one.It would go on my Rem. 700 30-06 used for deer hunting.I'm looking for something that is brighter in low light.I once looked through a Kahles and was impressed with it. Any advice will be helpfull. Thanks!

Offline Brithunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Opinions on Zeiss Diavari C Scopes ?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 12:56:29 AM »
If you take the time to watch this it is a visit to the Zeiss factory and yes it does seem they are made in the Germany still:-

http://www.zeiss.com/SPORTS

They are good scopes but I do think they are expensive and sadly far beyond my reach.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 01:15:51 AM »
yes and yes. Ive allways though the conquest scopes and binoculars were a good example of paying for a name. Sure there good glass but you can buy better for your money. There tops shelf stuff like the diavaris are world class optics though if you can afford them.
Looking to up grade from my Leupold vx 11 to possibly a Zeiss .Are the diavari-c's better than the conquests & are they german made? Any advice will be helpfull. Thanks!
blue lives matter

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 05:19:59 AM »
Marlin,

Yes the diavari-c is a top notch riflescope. But crazy expensive. Much more than the conquest line. I have one but it came with a drilling I bought and I doubt I would ever pay their price on a new one. To me the question is how good a scope do I need, and for me leupold answers that question.

I used to own a German mtg. Zeiss 10x40 binoculars. Truth is I never liked them much. I was able to sell them at a small profit so I took the money and bought a pair of pentax which I like much better & had money left over.

If your well healed though the German mtg. Zeiss are top of the line just not worth the price to me.

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE

Offline helmickarms

• Helmick Arms
Re: Opinions on Zeiss Diavari C & Kahles Scopes ?
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
Actually the Zeiss Diavari C was made both here in the US and in Germany and the conquest line replaced it. If it is a Diavari C MC it was made here in the US and has MC coatings. If it is a Diavari C T it was made in Germany and has T coatings. They quit making it in Germany and moved production here some time in 96 I think so the T version would have been produced before 1996 and the MC version post 1996. The Victory Diavari on the other hand is their top notch scope and is a long way from the conquest line.

I don't think you are paying for the name when you buy a Conquest, they are a top notch scope for the money. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better scope for the same money as the conquest.

Kahles are great scopes and better than the conquest line...as well they shoud be since they are double the price.

Offline Omaha-BeenGlockin

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 01:13:45 PM »
Helmick has it right.

Was going to jump in till I finally saw a valid responce.

I have 2 Diavari-C's and one Conquest---all US made---all excellent-----be warned that the Diavari's are quite short scopes and will fit better on a short action or on an AR-15---which one of them found a home on---my coyote gun.

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 02:04:25 PM »
That's good advice.  I have considered Zeiss D. before but never thought about a potential mounting problem.  I have rifles in 243, 7-08, and 308 so I'll limit my choice to those rifles.

Offline Omaha-BeenGlockin

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 07:10:10 AM »
Diavari C---that is. C=compact

Conquests and the high end Diavari's are quite large scopes.