Author Topic: little tactical whole bunch of fun  (Read 602 times)

Offline kid buckskin

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
little tactical whole bunch of fun
« on: December 28, 2010, 05:24:25 PM »
I have been kicking around trying a differnt aproch to the tactical 10 22 outher than poly stocks picatinni rails and pistol grips than the sr 22 and rem vtr came out, the vtr was what I thought of tying on the 1022 platform
is there some outher direction a guy could go using the 1022 platform??  I have seen bull pups, arc angel, on utube any ideas???

Offline kid buckskin

• Avid Poster
Re: little tactical whole bunch of fun
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »
I did some research so far there are two tactical setups that I like and are out of the ordinary in the shooting world the first is the nordic ar 22 whitch uses the 1022 receiver and barrel its my p
Perfrence the second is a convert using the ar 15.

Tell me what you think???

Offline hillbill

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 03:32:12 AM »
i like the ar route the best. a bullpup would be nice but all the kits ive seen for them look so cheap and crappy. and im not sure about the sights on the bullpups either.

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 04:01:03 AM »
  The available bullpup stocks are really poorly made.  I bought one once thinking it would be fun.  The "boy, I sure have a piece of crap in my hands" was too distracting.  Really cut into my shooting fun so I peddled it down the line.  The Archangel sets for the 10-22 are just too much for my taste.  Too much money, and too much 'tacticool'.  I saw one at a local shop and nearly laughed out loud.  It's just over the top. I mean, a bayonet?  On a 22lr?   Bwaaaahahahaha.

You can buy or build a Tommygun shell for the 10-22.  That looks like fun plinking.

One idea that's been churing in the back of the noggin is making a better bullpup.  You can buy a piece of aluminum rectangle tubing and go to town.  Make a cradle that the rifle sits in and just do whatever you want with the outer apearance.  That would work for a bullpup, or you could make a 1919 looking shell.  Whatever you want.

One thing that I'd like to pass along is relocating the trigger.  I got to handle some bullpups that were made by a tallented hobiest.  Nice guns, he could sell them if he was so inclined, the market would grab them up.  He did mostly AK stuff.  Anyway, he told me the best way to relocate the trigger was with bicycle brake cables.  They seemed to really work WAY better than the smooshy, squishy triggers I've felt on most bullpup conversions.  The key is that you can run the cable from the front where you have relocated it back to the original trigger, and put in a adjuster just like they use on the bicycle controlls.  That way you can take up the slack.  I asked him about the push rod style trigger transfer bars (like you see in the commercial 10-22 or AK bullpup stocks), he pointed out that the flex in the bar can't be adjusted out which is why those versions have such crappy triggers.  He had the cables hidden inside so they really were invisable. 

The 10-22 is a lot of fun.  Partly because you can swap it back and forth from a wood stocked sporter to a Tommygun to a space man ray gun and a Rambo looking assault weapon, than back to the rabbit rifle.  That's just fun with guns. ;)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 02:03:36 AM »
i love 10-22s but when it comes to a tactical 22 a smith ar22 is hard to beat and cost no more then buying a 1022 and then all the other things you need to make it tactical.
blue lives matter

Offline kid buckskin

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 05:06:53 AM »
Say a guy was convert a ar platform how accurate whould 22 lr be in a barrel of 1-7 twist I hear its not all that great
I like the idea of making my own recevier that whould just too cool and iv thout about it quite a lot!! Just to have something one off lol

Offline kid buckskin

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »
A littel more research and came to a conclusion the ar 22 won for these reasons.
1the cost, same money to convert a ar to 22lr than perchasing ar 22 set up
2 its diffrent every body got 1022s with tactical stock or something like
Even tho I like the idea buliding something differnt I have little time and lots of guns to fix and work to top it it off