Author Topic: School me on "Bounce" sheets in your brass cleaner.  (Read 832 times)

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
School me on "Bounce" sheets in your brass cleaner.
« on: December 29, 2010, 04:09:08 AM »
I've read in a few places that when you clean your cases you should drop a cut up sheet of "Bounce" in your tumbler for great brass.   When the bounce pieces get dirty just need to replace them.  What does this do? Do you just throw it in at the beginning with your media or is this something you run with just brass and no media?

Let me know what you think.

Offline mrjbloomington

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: School me on "Bounce" sheets in your brass cleaner.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 04:17:07 AM »
The dryer sheets are to be ran with the media and the brass. the sheets pick up the small contaminates that are scrubbed from your brass, which inturn keeps your media cleaner and you won't have to change it as often. when the dryer sheets get dirty you just toss them out then replace with fresh ones.

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 04:18:18 AM »
 When you cut it up do you cut it into small pieces or just snip the sheet all over so it's able to bend and move in there?  I would assume you cut it into 1" x 1" pieces or so.  Or is there another way?

Thanks a lot for the response!

Offline mrjbloomington

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 04:26:12 AM »
you cut them up small enough that they will tumble around with your media and brass without hampering the movement or vibration of everything in your tumbler, but, leave them big enough that they are easy to pick out after they have become dirty. I would say 1" x 2" or 3" would work good. 

Offline 300HH

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 12:05:09 PM »
I don't even cut mine up, just drop it in, do the work and pull it put when it gets dusty. But yeah I can see cutting them into smaller pieces working good too.

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 12:30:12 PM »
It's not the chemical on the sheets that does the job, it's the weave of the fabric.
I just grab the used one out of the dryer, I cut them in half and use just a half sheet. All it does, like said, is pull fine particles and dust.
found elsewhere

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 03:11:23 AM »
I use it to take the unwanted wrinkles out of my brass and leave them smelling fresh and clean.   ;D :D ;D

Other than that it's like Necchi said.

Offline john keyes

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 04:02:33 AM »
I've thought about tossing a big fresh orange or grapefruit peel in there at times.
Though taken from established manufacturers' sources and presumed to be safe please do not use any load that I have posted. Please reference Hogdon, Lyman, Speer and others as a source of data for your own use.

Offline shot1

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 12:26:55 PM »
The dryer sheet will help keep the dust off your cases that is left by the media.

Offline flashhole

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 01:51:52 AM »
The dryer sheets are inadequate for capturing as much dust as gets generated.  I use them but have much better success taking the used media outside and pouring it from one container to another about a dozen times letting the wind take the dust away.  I do this from a height of about 3'.  You will be amazed how much dust gets blown away.