Author Topic: Lee 200 gr. Flat nose Plink/ Hunting load????  (Read 606 times)

Offline czvz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Lee 200 gr. Flat nose Plink/ Hunting load????
« on: January 10, 2011, 06:51:02 AM »
Previously I posted a question for the Lee 310 gr. Flatnose.  Thanx to all that replied.   I now looking for Load data for the 200 gr. Flatnose for Whitetail hunting and a easy to shoot plinking load.  You see some of the reduced/plinking loads I tried are still significant recoil under the 310 gr projectile and my middle finger is still quite sore from being hammmerd on from the trigger gard on my Ruger Redhawk.  Would like a very easy to shoot load so my finger can heal up but still shoot to practice my form... I think I might have fractured the joint or bruised the bone.  Also, is there a load for this bullet that would be capable for Whitetail deer?
Thanx

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Lee 200 gr. Flat nose Plink/ Hunting load????
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 09:41:59 AM »
I've been loading 6.0 grains of Trail Boss in .44 special brass, it's accurate and comfortable from my 50th Anny flat top .44 mag, goes about 850 fps. I know what you mean about the knuckle buster, the trigger guard really raps my knuckle with anything close to full magnum loads. The flat top makes a great .44 special but for .44 mag, well that's why Ruger built the Super Blackhawk.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.