Author Topic: List of all the Lee Loader calibers???  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Plainsman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
List of all the Lee Loader calibers???
« on: January 03, 2010, 03:26:41 PM »
I am wondering if someplace on the internet is there a list of all the calibers Lee Loaders have been made for?  I would think somebody, somewhere has compiled this and put it up, but I can't find anything!  Thanks! :)
Plainsman :)

plainsmanscabin@yahoo.com

"Aim small, miss small!"

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
found elsewhere

Offline BCall

• Trade Count: (45)
  • Avid Poster
Re: List of all the Lee Loader calibers???
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 04:43:34 PM »
Might be a pretty hard list to compile. I've got an older Lee catalog that lists a bunch. And they used to make ones on special order in whatever caliber you wanted. I have one in 22 BR that I've never seen listed in any Lee catalog. Hard to say how many custom ones have been done through the years. I know there is at least one 450 marlin one out there. Billy

Offline Plainsman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 05:26:01 PM »
Hi Billy!

Thanks for that tidbit of knowledge!  I didn't know they custom made them too!  Maybe that's why this one isn't labeled!?!?!  ???

Thanks!
Plainsman :)

plainsmanscabin@yahoo.com

"Aim small, miss small!"

Offline schuetzen

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 10:52:22 AM »
I emailed Lee about a week ago.  I inquired about ordering a Lee Loader for .357 Maximum, which is only a little longer than a 357 Magnum.  They replied that "Lee Precision offers no custom work for it's Classic Lee Loader line."

If someone knows something differently or someone at Lee to contact, please let me know.

I also asked if they could give me a list of what they have manufactured in the past.  Their answer was... "We do have a list of former Classic Lee Loaders that were made but it is very long. Do you have any certain calibers that you are looking for specifically?"

Not very helpful.
‎Is it really Zombie Max, if it's not .357 Max?

Offline schuetzen

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 11:00:15 AM »
I came across the instruction page (attached) from a 12 gauge Lee Loader.  On one page it gives a list of those available at the time, where it reads "LEE LOADERS IN 110 SIZES"...  Unfortunately, the copy I have was posted by someone on-line and I can't read the fine print. If someone has one of these, it would be helpful if they could post it here.
‎Is it really Zombie Max, if it's not .357 Max?

Offline Exoticimager

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 04:43:19 PM »
Lee Presion will make custom dies, just not the Classis model. See under customer service in their on-line catalog.
TSgt, USAF Ret

Offline Slowpoke Slim

• Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 10:20:03 PM »
Yes, they used to custom make them in just about any caliber you could name. I have an old catalog somewhere (late 50's I believe) that stated for a fee they would custom make one to order.

Not surprising they don't offer that anymore. Probably don't have the tooling for most of that laying around anymore.

Offline rdmallory

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 05:01:07 AM »
They also have some non listed calibers such as 5.7x28

Doug

Offline Vic49

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 10:12:44 PM »
I emailed Lee about a week ago.  I inquired about ordering a Lee Loader for .357 Maximum, which is only a little longer than a 357 Magnum.  They replied that "Lee Precision offers no custom work for it's Classic Lee Loader line."

If someone knows something differently or someone at Lee to contact, please let me know.

I also asked if they could give me a list of what they have manufactured in the past.  Their answer was... "We do have a list of former Classic Lee Loaders that were made but it is very long. Do you have any certain calibers that you are looking for specifically?"

Not very helpful.
I was told that the Max could be loaded in a .357 Lee Loader, ordered one from Cabelas and tried it yesterday and it is a definet no go. Wonder if there is another kit that can be used for the Max?
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Thomas Jefferson
Handi rifles
Knight, T/C and CVA Muzzleloaders
Bowtech and Diamond bows