Author Topic: Mannlicher forearm differences  (Read 1461 times)

Offline kody

• Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
Mannlicher forearm differences
« on: January 07, 2011, 11:51:03 AM »
    I have two Mannlicher forearms that have different barrel channel dimensions. One is a "Schnabel type ,18" L., has a front end half-round dimension of .330" deep and .690" wide.   The other has a straight bottom line, a vertical front end face, and is 18 1/8" L. Its forward half-round is .340" wide, .800" deep.  The rear half-round is 1.00" wide and.525" deep. In order to trade or sell them I and potential buyers, would like to know which barrels they might be for. My collection isn't big enough to afford much matching. Those lengths do not include the spacers.  Any help?    Ken

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
Re: Mannlicher forearm differences
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 12:45:27 PM »
  I am not sure which barrels they are for. The 1" I would guess any of the bull barrels possibly shotgun. The smaller probably for standard profile barrels. If I were to list for sale, I would just list the measurements with picts. ;)

Lonny

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:52:55 PM »
One sounds like the H&R factory forend which will fit most any H&R barrel, mine fits a 45-70 easily, the schable might be a GSI forend, I think that's where CW's was made.

Tim

http://www.gunstocksinc.com/web_pages/OddsnEnds-pictures/handi-rifle-mannlicher-forend.html

Here is two shots of the mannlicher installed but not finished:

CW
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 01:57:21 PM »
If the one your trying to sell is the one you offered before, member Eskimo36 posted he wanted to buy it from you and asked for your payment info, perhaps you missed his response to your ad? You then pulled it from the site with him already saying he would take it, with no reasonable excuse.
If your trying to get info to sell it, AGAIN, perhaps just contact him and make good on your previous offer to sell it that you backed out of. That might be easier for you, save you some legwork, and fullfill your earlier obligation at the same time.... >:(
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline oldmike

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 11:12:26 AM »
Sure would be interested in knowing were a person could get his hands on a Mannlicher stock...factory or aftermarket. I wasn't aware if if the factory still offered them.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 11:20:34 AM »
Sure would be interested in knowing were a person could get his hands on a Mannlicher stock...factory or aftermarket. I wasn't aware if if the factory still offered them.

Welcome Olmike!

Keep an eye out in the classifieds and on EBay. But you better be quick... ;D

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline oldmike

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 11:28:25 AM »
Thanks CW...I understand about the quick part. I have only seen a few of the mannlicher stocks, but think they really add something to a Handi.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »

Welcome! The factory forend is no longer available, they sold the last one several years ago, but GSI still has their walnut forend listed for sale.

Tim

http://www.gunstocksinc.com/web_pages/Odds-n-Ends.htm
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline oldmike

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 12:09:16 PM »
Thanks, Tim. Looks like thats something I can work with.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 03:32:50 PM »
If the one your trying to sell is the one you offered before, member Eskimo36 posted he wanted to buy it from you and asked for your payment info, perhaps you missed his response to your ad? You then pulled it from the site with him already saying he would take it, with no reasonable excuse.
If your trying to get info to sell it, AGAIN, perhaps just contact him and make good on your previous offer to sell it that you backed out of. That might be easier for you, save you some legwork, and fullfill your earlier obligation at the same time.... >:(

Not trying to talk out of turn or anything but it seems like you're jumping head first into other people's dealings here. They're both big boys... I'm sure they can handle the matter between themselves. Just my 2 cents.

Spanky