Author Topic: Surgery Siskiyou on SL  (Read 870 times)

Offline Siskiyou

• Trade Count: (0)
Surgery Siskiyou on SL
« on: May 01, 2012, 05:48:04 PM »
I had surgery on my right shoulder Monday.  This issue of getting the surgery done has been going for five months.  Currently my computer time is limited and pain killers are doing there job.  I am leaving the Moderating to the Co-Moderator until the fog clears.
Normally we avoid the freeway when going down to the Med Center and take the old surface roads, but the morning of the surgery we call an early call that the time had been moved up.  Rather then use the Route I had created on the Nuvi I let the unit comput the most direct way.  The Nuvi did a good job and it was a learning experience for the wife.  We took her car down and she has not let me install a base for gps so she had a better view of it then I.  So we had  to use three different free ways with tricky lane changes and she advised me of exit numbers and miles ahead of time.  The real trick was when we got off the freeway.  Typical of freeways when they are constructed in older built up areas is they hack-up the surface streets and create a confused mess for some distance. 
Old signage, heavy morning traffic was smoothed out by the gps. 
On the return home most of it was on surface streets because that is her comfort level.  I was thankful for the driver and the care I received at home.  The milkshake she gave me a few minutes ago taste good. ;)

There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
Re: Surgery Siskiyou on SL
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:31:32 PM »
Wife says glad your home, and now she can quit holding her breath waiting to find out how your doing. I was gonna call, but after I looked at the time knew it was to late. Wife says get well soon so you and I can go shooting, as this gets me out of the house and out from under foot.

Gun Runner