Author Topic: Where on E-Bay  (Read 1465 times)

Offline 1Southpaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Let Freedom ring
Where on E-Bay
« on: December 16, 2010, 02:36:20 PM »
do you find the cannons for sale .  I have looked all over but do not seem to ask the right categlory discription.
Left Handed people are in their right mind .

Offline rampa room artillery

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Where on E-Bay
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 02:40:15 PM »
black powder cannon

Offline 1Southpaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Let Freedom ring
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 02:41:19 PM »
Thank
You
Left Handed people are in their right mind .

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 03:00:06 PM »
do you find the cannons for sale .  I have looked all over but do not seem to ask the right categlory discription.

Ernie search  Cannons, 13 pages will come up.

Gunbroker has a lot more cannons  to look at after you get past  Bronzecannon stuff.  Remember  Bronze cannon is the Outfit that tried to stiff  Cannonmn a couple of years ago.  

I am surprised Cannon-Mania hasn't jumped on the auction board band wagon....they are the company who stiffed a bunch of folks here on the board a few years back.  I see they have changed their name and  moved to  GA...anybody see their new name.  Must be hiding from all the Connecticut Attorney General consumer affairs complaints.

Offline willdj79

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 09:46:46 PM »
do you find the cannons for sale .  I have looked all over but do not seem to ask the right categlory discription.

Ernie search  Cannons, 13 pages will come up.

Gunbroker has a lot more cannons  to look at after you get past  Bronzecannon stuff.  Remember  Bronze cannon is the Outfit that tried to stiff  Cannonmn a couple of years ago.  

I am surprised Cannon-Mania hasn't jumped on the auction board band wagon....they are the company who stiffed a bunch of folks here on the board a few years back.  I see they have changed their name and  moved to  GA...anybody see their new name.  Must be hiding from all the Connecticut Attorney General consumer affairs complaints.

That's sad they went that way. Cannon-mania was a really well laid out website. I used to drool over there cannons back when I first started searching for cannons on the Internet about 10 years ago. I only made one purchase which was the 24 pdr. Kit. It seems like they were only the middle man between the builders. Over selling what they could produce. I was wondering what happened to brasswithclass.com does anybody know?

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 11:30:35 PM »
Yeah, I see that Cannon Mania is now renamed Flash60 LLC, and I would tend to doubt that this was done because someone thought that 'Flash60 LLC' sounded more melodious.

wildj79,
That's another surprise, I haven't looked at the Canadian Cannon Co. site for quite a while either, now I can't find it; he must have closed up shop.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 01:50:37 AM »
black powder cannon

That won't bring up everything you might want to see, and causes you to have to weed through listings from people who don't know how to spell a maker of  copier toner. On the other hand, using "canon" in a search often brings up BP cannons along with all the cameras. ;D

Some words I use along with "cannon" are vintage, antique, signal, iron, bronze, etc. I occasionally even use "model" or "toy" and get BP cannons because some people listing them think they can avoid having their auctions deleted that way.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline irishman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
    • Brooks-USA
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 05:15:42 AM »
If I had nickle for every ebay auction deleted, I would have to buy a pair of suspenders.

Michael

Offline wvdad

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 10:10:42 AM »
If I had nickle for every ebay auction deleted, I would have to buy a pair of suspenders.

Michael

Hear Hear, I sold sixty some with 100 percent feedback and had many deleted. Just random deletion. Sell 10 or 11 get a deletion. Repost, sell 10 and another deletion. They are cracking down though. Last time they actually suspended my account and told me if I reposted that they would remove my account indefinetly. Thinking of going to gunbroker, is it as reliable as ebay? As far as paypal and trusting a persons feedback?

Offline Mike H.

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 12:19:20 AM »
Try using the following search term:

"cannon" -canon

That deletes all the photography stuff, unless they spelled it wrong in their listing.

You will typically find them pop up in antiques, collectables, outdoor sports, and vintage toys.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 12:39:32 AM »
Mike -

WELCOME to the board!

Great suggestion - thansk for the the hint!
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)