Author Topic: Need some help with my new handi 22-250  (Read 416 times)

Offline diamondj

• Trade Count: (0)
Need some help with my new handi 22-250
« on: January 12, 2011, 06:43:43 PM »
I bought a new 22-250 HR around Thanksgiving and have put several rounds thru it and it is bullet tumbeling (the bullet leaves a perfect sideways mark on the paper).  It sure ain't accurate!!!  Is this a common problem with the HR's in this caliber??  I own another 22-250 in the savage and it is a perfect tack driver!!  I called HR and they sent me to a gunsmith near by and I haven't tried them yet not heard good things about them and the shop I bought it from went out of business the last day of the year because the man retired.  I know him and he said he would send it back to HR himself for me but some people say you might not get your gun back for a very long while is there any suggestions out here?? 

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Need some help with my new handi 22-250
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 06:50:54 PM »
Send it in, it shouldn't keyhole with 50gr factory ammo, it may with heavier bullets tho,  mine shoots 50gr handloads under an inch at 100yds, you might call again and insist on sending back to the factory, the only reason it might take a long time is if they need to replace the barrel and they don't have any in stock, most repairs take less than a month for in stock repair items, two members just got their accessory barrels back in about 1 month from when they sent them in, repairs have priority over accessory barrels.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Ron 1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: Need some help with my new handi 22-250
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 02:34:45 AM »
i to would send it back
i had a 204 that key holed   i sent it in and in less then 1 week i got a phone call from h&r saying that there were no other 204 barrels in stock at this time and offered me a different cal. so i got it in 22-250 and this one is a tack driver
i just wish i would have had a couple more barrels fit while it was there.
i think it was only 3 weeks round trip for the repairs.
rw
A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun. - Don Henley