Author Topic: 22 rem jet  (Read 392 times)

Offline jather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
22 rem jet
« on: January 26, 2011, 03:51:43 PM »
recently got a barrel for my profiled h&r 158 topper. looking for experience/data for loading this round? lil'gun looks real good for powder. primers? bullets? thanks, jather..
i beleive in one christ, and him crucified&arisen at OUR MAKER'S side.

Offline mbopp

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
Re: 22 rem jet
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 04:13:34 AM »
From what I remember the 22 Jet was based on a tapered, necked-down 357 Mag case. For revolver use you had to keep the cases & cylinder clean to avoid setback and jammed cylinders.

IIRR my old Speer #9 or 10 manual had load data. I'll have to check when I get home.

Hodgdon's website lists a few loads, I don't think I'd use H110 / W296 in it though.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government, lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." -- Patrick Henry, American Patriot

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 04:29:46 AM »
jather

I love my little Jet , all my brass are formed from new 357 mag case's not factory ammo and I get real good case life . As for powders , I have found that IMR 4227 and H-110 do the best for me when using bullets in the 35 to 45 grain range .

I just use standard small rifle primers and don't see any real issues from them , just be warned that forming the case's can be a royal PITA if not done properly .

Also as for LilGun , its just too picky for my taste , just as little as .02g has caused pressure spikes to the point of sticking brass and flattened primers .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline jather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 07:45:31 AM »
thanks for the replies. the comment on lil'gun surprises me, though. the low pressure specs compared to muzzle speed was what attracted me to it. was thinking like you using small rifle rather than pistol primers. just have to catch some appropiate size bullets in stock, 40gr., of course. regards, jather....
i beleive in one christ, and him crucified&arisen at OUR MAKER'S side.