Author Topic: Importing cannon barrels replicas into canada  (Read 894 times)

Offline mellison

• Trade Count: (0)
Importing cannon barrels replicas into canada
« on: January 15, 2011, 01:14:33 PM »
I live in canada and want to purchase a cannon barrel ~1/2 scale, 1.5'' bore. Canada is quite restrictive on firearm ownership. Does anyone know anything about what i might be up against in terms of import and ownership?

Offline Rayfan87

• Avid Poster
Re: Importing cannon barrels replicas into canada
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »
I'd talk to your local DA, they would be the ones who can best tell you about the legalities of import. And get anything in writing.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »
Rayfan is on the Right track..Contact the the Chief  firearms officer in the province where you live for determination of whether it's legal for you to import and   posses a cannon in Canada.  http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/cfo-caf/cfo-caf-eng.htm 

As much as I support our sponsors, the problems with export can be a bit over whelming.  Since I retired as a Customs Officer there has been a  "new interpretation" of some of the rules dealing with doing  export business.  It can be done but is complex.

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 05:08:18 PM »
It's a lot easier to buy it here and drive it in.  That way the maker doesn't have to get involved in the paper work and you don't have to pay him to do it.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline NinjaToes

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 07:21:28 PM »
I've been wondering this myself. I know in my province of New Brunswick owning a cannon
is no big deal, but importing it I have no clue.
Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 07:05:30 AM »
When you guys contact your provincial firearms Officer, do it in writing, and please scan and post their response here.  We will then get their  response linked up  in one of the stickies.

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • seacoastartillery.com
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 09:46:13 AM »
     You Canadians can avoid all these hassles by merely ordering a Seacoast Artillery primary product gun.  Both the 100 Pdr. Parrott and the new, soon to be finished (August 2011), 7" Treble-Banded Brooke Seacoast and Navy Rifle are delivered in person anywhere on the North American continent.  Another bonus on the Brooke, is the fact that one is available at the old, May 2009 price.  Save $1,500 U.S. !  Why pay $16,500 when you can have it delivered to your door by the makers, Mike and Tracy, for only $15,000??

This was all written with ,'tongue-in-cheek', of course, but the facts are correct.  It's just that we are not really trying to get anyone to actually order one for that reason.  Do as Double D. suggests, do your importation homework and save hassles and money.
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling