Author Topic: binocular harness or ?  (Read 809 times)

Offline bcraig

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
binocular harness or ?
« on: February 14, 2011, 04:27:12 PM »
What do most of yall use to carry your binoculars when hunting ,neck straps harness or ?
IF harness what kind of experiences have you had with different brands and which do you like the best over other brands and why ?

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
Re: binocular harness or ?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 05:32:22 PM »
I like and use the elastic harness style worn outside of my coat. (I left them at the cabin, and cannot remember the name).  With a regular strap, they bounce around, and get in the way.  If you wear them under your coat, they tend to fog when you remove them and breath on them in cold weather.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 12:18:53 AM »
depends on how im hunting. If on foot all day and the hunt calls for full sized binoculars i use a harness. If just walking to a stand to hunt i use a strap as i dont like sitting all day with binoculars on.
blue lives matter

Offline Savage .250

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:02:11 AM »
Tried the harnes.  Jury still out on that.   Just hanging them around your neck, they do swing a lot as mentioned by others. 
  Now I use a small bin-nock that fits in my outer pocket. There are some slight down sides but all in all , it works just fine for me.
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 03:08:50 AM »
I use an extra long strap and put my it over my head and then slide my right arm through and then slide the bino either up to my middle chest or down and behind my right arm and out of the way. You can see the strap in my avatar.  Works well for me even under a coat.  I just unzip a bit, grab the strap and pull up and the bino is accessible. 
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline ipyrek

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 02:56:51 AM »
I use the harness that has a couple of hooks on it and a couple of rings that go on the binoculars. When I'm in the tent or shanty, I just unhook and leave the harness on, and hook back up when I'm ready to go.
28ga.mod.,20ga.mod.,20ga.full,20ga.USH, 20ga.PardnerPump,20ga.StoegerSxS,17hmr, 223Superlight, 357mag/Max,Marlin 336/30-30

Offline tangob5

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 02:17:13 PM »
I use a Badlands Bino Case.  Really a good product.  Keeps the wet and dirt off the binos and I can lug them around all day without my neck getting tired.
http://www.badlandspacks.com/index.php?go=Packs_Acc02

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 03:48:16 PM »
I have a harness that I haven't brought myself to use yet.  I have been using a shortened strap that is just long enough for me to use the bino's.  That way they don't swing much and are ready to use.  They can be either inside or outside my coat and don't interfere with taking off a pack.  If I just want to have them just in case, I use a belt case.

Offline stoutstuff

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 03:22:37 PM »
I use a Cabelas elastic harness and a Crooke Horn Outfitters cover for keeping rain, snow & debris out. The harness keeps everything fairly tight crawling around. You just slide your binoculers out and the case is still attached to you. I've heard the badlands is nice also.
Stoutstuff

Offline bcraig

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 10:03:30 PM »
Thanks guys for the information.