Author Topic: Paid to Troll for Politics  (Read 1240 times)

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
Paid to Troll for Politics
« on: January 27, 2011, 08:10:21 PM »
I expanded my vocabulary recently ...

Paid to Troll: being paid to post on forums and blogs, usually with political motive and not as yourself.

Here's a liberal group that pays people to "troll" websites and espouse liberal views and attack people with right wing views.
http://www.grassrootscampaigns.com/index.php

Here's another that advertises "professional blog warriors" who will turn your campaign into a grassroots movement.
http://www.advantageconsultants.org/

This organization provides pay & health care to "free lance internet writers", promises to match you to a subject you have a passion for, and enable you to proliferate your message.
http://www.allvoices.com/register/freelance/ac

A quick search of craigslist for New York City turns up literally dozens of companies hiring bloggers to post on websites...

Another one, Astroturfing: This is an artificial grassroots campaign usually planned by a political action group, but delivered to appear spontaneous, often employing paid trolls. Usually driven by consultants who specialize in opposition research. They're the ones who learn all the buttons to push on opponent forums to drag folks into meaningless and polarizing dialogue to ensure that issues are buried under diatribe. Its a form of online sabotage.

The whole thing is based on the simple premise that if you repeat an idea (true or not) often enough, people believe it.

Winning The Future,
Chaps
held fast

Offline Pat/Rick

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Paid to Troll for Politics
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »
Interesting, I've tried to explain how I think about this "tactic" but have failed so far. Ignoring them in a hope that they'll go away, is obviously not going to work. That is, under the assumption that the squeeky wheel gets greased. I guess continueing to  write  our reps is our best recourse to insure that they are aware there are still folks who care about our republic and its freedom and liberties, as outlined in our Constitution.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:45:44 AM »
TN,  just ban everyone with liberal views. ;D
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 02:17:25 AM »
This is amazing.  I have to give them a nod for ingenuity.

Whenever I wonder how the far left can be so well accepted in our society it seems to come back to the simple fact that they are soooo well organised.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 04:43:33 PM »
I'm sure it's being done by both the liberals and conservatives.
It's one of my pet conspiracy theories that there is at least one on this site and part of the reason the Political Issues Discussion Forum (aka The Quarantine Room) had to be created.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 06:29:02 AM »
I'm sure it's being done by both the liberals and conservatives.
It's one of my pet conspiracy theories that there is at least one on this site and part of the reason the Political Issues Discussion Forum (aka The Quarantine Room) had to be created.

yeah? Who, and how much is she getting paid?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 01:44:22 PM »

You can't handle the truth!   8)
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline Shu

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 04:35:56 PM »
The DoD does not pay trollers. The CIA paid the DoD to come up with a mind control ray. The only safe people are the ones that where the foil hats  8)

I don't know if people really get paid to troll forums, I think some just enjoy doing it for free.

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 04:59:03 PM »
By all means lets fear a bunch of obese, middle-aged bureaucrats in VA who just found out their cost of living allowance is going to be downsized, and their pay is on hold for years into the future. They're so busy making sure their travel claims aren't gummed up in the system, and that they've completed the monthly 40 hours of various social training that's been federally mandated on them, and worrying about how they're going to put their kids through college, they don't have time to dream up sexy mind control rays, or craft a multi=layered information operations campaign on a global scale through trolling the internet. Most folks would probably be surprised at how many people are running the administration of government under the influence of prescribed anti-depressants. If you've seen the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, you've seen a fairly good representation of federal government in the form of the Vogons. (Hears a whistle.) Ahh, lunch. I think I'll have the soup.
held fast

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »
By all means lets fear a bunch of obese, middle-aged bureaucrats in VA who just found out their cost of living allowance is going to be downsized, and their pay is on hold for years into the future. They're so busy making sure their travel claims aren't gummed up in the system, and that they've completed the monthly 40 hours of various social training that's been federally mandated on them, and worrying about how they're going to put their kids through college, they don't have time to dream up sexy mind control rays, or craft a multi=layered information operations campaign on a global scale through trolling the internet. Most folks would probably be surprised at how many people are running the administration of government under the influence of prescribed anti-depressants. If you've seen the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, you've seen a fairly good representation of federal government in the form of the Vogons. (Hears a whistle.) Ahh, lunch. I think I'll have the soup.

federal peeps have a pretty sweet deal. Most Americans don't know what a pension is these days, and will never see one; federal/gov't employees will. And they get to call themselves public servants while they bide their time. The more shameless amongst them like to be called heroes.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 08:01:04 PM »
The more shameless amongst them like to be called heroes.

Of all the heroes I know, and I've known many, not a single one likes to be called such. If you understand the distinction, good to go.

If however you are in any way shape or form besmirching the character of the no kidding all volunteer force that daily puts their lives at risk carrying out the policies of the government you elected, trusting that they reflect the will of the people, then you will have discovered my limit. I've looked into the eyes of the families, children, wives of over 40 of my Marines who lost their lives representing our nation, many of whom neither understood, nor agreed with necessarily with the policies that put them there, but nonetheless kept their oath - kept the trust of the nation in the balance of power between the citizens who elect the politicians who decide where to send the troops, and the troops themselves. Folks enjoy alot of freedoms both here and elsewhere on the net talking smack, calling each other names, exercising constitutionally protected rights which my Marines will never again exercise. Over 300 of mine are permanently disabled, many lost limbs. I don't care what your politics might be, a nation that does not honor its veterans has no honor at all.
held fast

Offline Shu

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 03:44:22 AM »
I work for the DoD,(I was kidding about the mind control ray) I get to work with that volunteer military. We have a very good mix of people. I have to say they are the greatest folks. We all have taken our financial hits, and some of them have volunteered to go back for second and third tours. I have been deployed also. I won't be needed to go back again.
From the men and women I know, whether the wars are agreed with or not the call for service has been answered and will be answered again anytime it is needed. So this obese middle aged man would gladly go again for my fat cat pension that has been frozen and for the those who think all government employees are lazy. Not to many jobs will send you into a war zone. So the next time you want to talk about that super sweet pension know that some of us do/did go to the front lines. Why do we do it? We want to help our heroes in uniform. When they ask for something we do our best to provide it.

Then we get to listen about our sweet pension deals, how useless we are and how easy we got it. The only thing keeping you from getting that sweet pension deal or deploying to the front lines is your name on the dotted line. So sign away and work with that volunteer military and those shameless folks collecting those huge sweet pensions. Or you could just do your homework and find out how little we actually get.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 03:49:43 AM »
7 posted ( not including me) only one or tww trolls ............ ;)
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 05:28:27 AM »
As long as most of us realize that these paid idiots are out there then I think the whole idea will backfire, or at least found to be not worth the expenditure. What they end up doing is showing just how intellectually vacant liberals are. Most of them are just name callers who haven't ever had an original thought of their own. They just repeat Democrat play book pap.

Offline powderman

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 05:50:24 AM »
federal peeps have a pretty sweet deal. Most Americans don't know what a pension is these days, and will never see one; federal/gov't employees will. And they get to call themselves public servants while they bide their time. The more shameless amongst them like to be called heroes.

yt. Sounds like a slap in the face for our brave men and women that protect your right to make stupid statements like that. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm