Author Topic: YOU FOLKS CAN REST EASY  (Read 2868 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
YOU FOLKS CAN REST EASY
« on: January 21, 2011, 01:09:23 AM »
This thought is taken from GB's plea for putting Muslim and Christian thoughts here and here only.
It is not as though we have need to worry about who is going to win this battle.
God has a plan---I have read all of the books.
We concern ourownselves with things that do not concern God.
We must, of course, do the apologetic work to show the falsity of Muslim thought but we are not on commission.
Folks---God is a lot more powerful than some think.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
Re: YOU FOLKS CAN REST EASY
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 01:47:20 AM »
Thanks for sharing Wild Bill! Your thoughts are a nice reminder of who is really in control!
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
Amen!
held fast

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 07:02:20 AM »
Amen!

So perhaps the time is near when Israel will feel the rod of the Father??
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 08:40:16 AM »
Amen!

So perhaps the time is near when Israel will feel the rod of the the Father??

If you're speaking about something in specific, you might want to ask someone of the Dispensational persuasion. If you're not familiar with that term, its a theological school of thought that emphasizes the future role of Israel. I am not of that school, so you might not find my answer helpful.
held fast

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 06:23:08 AM »
If egypt becomes another iran, this could be the start of WW3.  Israel would be their first target and since Israel has nukes, the middle east would become a smoking ruin.  Israel will not attempt to fight a conventional with all the arab countries. they know that they couldn't win, so roll out the big stuff.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 07:52:26 AM »
..................  Israel will not attempt to fight a conventional with all the arab countries. they know that they couldn't win, so roll out the big stuff.

The "Big Stuff" bites in all direction and most likely those that had sent it as well. IMO anyway.

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »
If israel rolls out the big ones, I suggest another party will liquidate israel within 20 minutes. That will be that.

I agree, then we will liquidate them. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess.

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 11:41:59 AM »
IFF Israel decides to roll out the big stuff, you can bet that they will target not just the immediate threat, but everyone who might have the means and the motive to retaliate so I wouldn't count on anyone being left to liquidate Israel ... IFF it comes to that. Regardless of how any of us here feels about it, Israel will feel like they are facing extinction, in which case they will not use limited response. Israel does not have friends, they have alliances, which they will break the nanosecond they feel threatened. Again, you may not agree with their view ... but that really doesn't matter to them.

Israel as a nation and a faith does not express any loyalty whatsoever in response to the efforts of the Conservative Christian parties who fight so hard to defend Israel in the courts of human dialogue. We would be deluding ourselves to think otherwise. When it comes right on down to it, it will be Israel vs. the world. That's their very openly stated self- dialogue, and the USofA is part of the world in that equation. In exchange for our past help, I suspect that they would at least warn us, or caution us from intervention ... but that's it.
held fast

Offline Shu

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 11:44:26 AM »
Israel will be the last one standing. That's just the way it is.

The final war will be fought by a country repreresented by an eagle and Israel versus a country represented by a bear. Who would have guessed California would become so powerful? :o

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 02:32:03 AM »
TeamNelson,  very well said.     I believe Israel is ready to make the ultimate statement.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline jimster

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 03:28:57 AM »
Perhaps we support the wrong side afterall.

What is the other side we should support?  The Muslim brotherhood?  For Israel it is simply a matter of survival or extinction.  For us, we may want to be careful we do not support the ones who want us dead as well.  It's going to get rough either way. In the end, God will have the final say for us all.  A good time to pray. 

Offline magooch

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 05:04:36 AM »
The important thing is who will end up in control of all that oil in that region--radio active, or not.  I hope it's us.
Swingem

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 05:21:09 AM »
The important thing is who will end up in control of all that oil in that region--radio active, or not.  I hope it's us.
Problem is, There won't be any producible oil in that region for a couple of generations, maybe longer.

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 07:21:10 AM »
In the spirit of the OP, since God has this all under control I don't worry much about all that. Our hope doesn't come from having the right political allies, the military strength, or even in correct prophetic interpretation ... our Hope is in Him, or it is in vain.
held fast

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 07:27:07 AM »
Problem is, There won't be any producible oil in that region for a couple of generations, maybe longer.

In that case we/you/us/ will have to depend on our own resources. Wouldn't that be a change.............perhaps for the better.

Offline Shu

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 07:56:26 AM »
+1 TeamNelson

The OP was putting God in control. Not relying on men or the machinations of war.
God will determine the outcome and not mankind.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 09:03:35 AM »
+1 TeamNelson

The OP was putting God in control. Not relying on men or the machinations of war.
God will determine the outcome and not mankind.

I'm concerned about the collateral damage while this is being settled myself :(

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 09:56:21 AM »
I'm concerned about the collateral damage while this is being settled myself :(

That's a valid concern, truly.
held fast

Offline Shu

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 01:41:10 AM »
Within the Spirit of the OP, that God is in control yet people worry about collateral damage.
God is in control or he is not. Which is it?
God being in control, all powerful can take from the face of the earth or protect what is on the face of the earth. The prostitute Rahab was spared when Jericho fell. Is God to weak to save anyone else? I think not.

God is either in control or he is not, you cannot have it both ways.

Offline teamnelson

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 12:21:38 PM »
TM7, what would be the inverse of God?  ;D

You could say that the forces of God are competing against the forces of Q for universal domination. That seems to be a popular theology among many. That of course implies that there is  Q that is as all-everything as God, which by its very nature means that neither are God, since one of God's attributes is that He is the solitary pinnacle of perfection.

Or you could say that God's plan is worked out in the actions of men; what appears to be a competition, is really between the kingdom of men and the kingdom of God which will win regardless. However, the actions of men are not necessary for the purpose of God to be accomplished. That's so disappointing to us though, to think God doesn't need us.

Or you could say that although he's really smart and pretty powerful, God is sitting on his hands waiting for us to exterminate Islam, clear the mosques off the temple mound, and help Israel build the temple so that he can send Jesus back again. Oh, and we have to translate the bible into every heart language for every people group that presently exists or ever existed before he can send Jesus back again too.

There's several variations on the theme I've heard from all sorts of really good and nice folks. I'm gonna go with you can't make God too big, and if that means man is much smaller than we'd like to think, so be it.
held fast

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 04:57:01 AM »
This thought is taken from GB's plea for putting Muslim and Christian thoughts here and here only.
It is not as though we have need to worry about who is going to win this battle.
God has a plan---I have read all of the books.
We concern ourownselves with things that do not concern God.
We must, of course, do the apologetic work to show the falsity of Muslim thought but we are not on commission.
Folks---God is a lot more powerful than some think.
Blessings

Seems as though some have missed out on the message of comfort and wisdom of the OP.........Too bad................
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 06:07:45 AM »
Awww,...... Is that your best shot, mis-quoting Edmund Burke.
Your right! I did miss YOUR mis-quoted message in the OP.

Offline Shu

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 07:44:33 AM »
First God cannot be blackmailed. That should be pretty easy to grasp.
Second God does as God pleases. That also should be easy to grasp.
Third it is a question of faith, that God is in control or not. That too is easy to grasp
Fourth God does use mankind, He says he does and I know He is not a liar. Again not difficult to grasp.
Fifth mankind would like to use God as man sees fit but that just does not happen. mankind makes excuses and blames God.

My intent is the same as the OP, provide a bit of comfort and solice in times people consider as troubled.

Offline Shu

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 11:01:57 AM »
Each person needs thier own relationship with God. I cannot tell you that you are spiritual or not. I can only tell by the fruits you bear but I may not see everything, so I reserve judgement until I can see all things and know all things. Until that moment I will live the best I can, do my best to encourage others and do my best to live like God wants me to.
Hopefully successes will out way the failures.

I find great solice in the book of Psalms. Others may not but that is why each must have thier own relationship.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 12:17:54 PM »
Each person needs thier own relationship with God. I cannot tell you that you are spiritual or not. I can only tell by the fruits you bear but I may not see everything, so I reserve judgement until I can see all things and know all things. Until that moment I will live the best I can, do my best to encourage others and do my best to live like God wants me to.
Hopefully successes will out way the failures.

I find great solice in the book of Psalms. Others may not but that is why each must have thier own relationship.

Yep, the Psalms and Proverbs! Been re-reading Ps. 37 alot lately myself. Good encouragement in that one. Much like "Wild Bill's" original thread starting post. Just more of it!...........I need a lot of reminding sometimes........... ;D