Author Topic: George Friedman's new book, "The Next Decade"  (Read 1036 times)

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
George Friedman's new book, "The Next Decade"
« on: February 01, 2011, 07:21:59 AM »
Last night I heard an interview with George Friedman who has a new book coming out called "The Next Decade: Where we've been and where we're going." He's the guy who runs StratFor.com (a service I find to be reliable and accurate), and he had some very interesting things to say about things Obama could learn from Reagan when it comes to foreign policy. Reagan was subtle - he played our adversaries against each other so that they were preoccupied and we could grow. I'd be curious to see whose playbook Obama turns to in his foreign policy at least in the short term. Of course Mr. Friedman also said he predicts that we could very well win the empire (succeed at foreign policy) and lose the Republic (fail domestically.)

What do you think?
held fast

Offline Pat/Rick

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: George Friedman's new book, "The Next Decade"
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:21:21 AM »
I'll have to look for the book. Sounds like a good read. Seems that "Rome on the patomic" is on track to ensure domestic failure. Was the pilfering done when the treasury was wiped out, to pay off the bankers successful attempt at extortion? Are we at war with Eastasia or Eurasia ??

Offline Gary G

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: George Friedman's new book, "The Next Decade"
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 01:28:12 PM »
Is that before or after the coming currency crises?  ;D
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat