Author Topic: Sling setup  (Read 1164 times)

Offline jmayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Sling setup
« on: February 06, 2011, 02:22:51 PM »
What sling setup do you use?  1,2, or 3 point?  Bungee or no bungee?  Attachment points?  For hunting or competition?  I'm running a Troy singlepoint attached using a QD swivel backplate for hunting and a Outdoor Connection 2 point attached on the forend and the buttstock for carbine and 3 gun.  I like the 2 point better but the single is better for getting in and out of a vehicle.  Would like to know what everyone else is using.

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Sling setup
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 02:45:44 PM »
Tried a bunch until I got the VTAC quick adjust 2 point.  Works well for front or back carry and a quick pull of the strap stabilizes your hold for shooting.  Don't like the bungees.  Summertime with nothing but a t-shirt, they pinch the crap out of me.  Single point is OK for some things but just not stable enough for my use.  I hate to kneel down and ram the muzzle in the mud.  I've never seen a need for a 3 point.

Offline Reverend Recoil

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:29:12 AM »
The very best sling is the model 1907 service rifle sling as made by Turner, Ron Brown, or Les Tam.  Do not buy any of the cheap imitation slings such as the ones sold by Uncle Mikes or Outers.  They will not work for sitting or prone position shooting.  For the proper setup and use of the 1907 sling check the websites on highpowr rifle compitition specific to the service rifle.

servicerifleslings.com
www.turnersling.com
www.lestam.com

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 11:55:21 AM »
The very best sling is the model 1907 service rifle sling

Can I make the assumption that you are saying that this is the very best sling for service rifle competition or a rifle in that configuration?  It wouldn't work too well for 3 gun or a carbine match.