Author Topic: Lee Classic turret press  (Read 1305 times)

Offline gunclub

• Trade Count: (1)
Lee Classic turret press
« on: February 05, 2011, 01:22:58 PM »
I bought a used Lee turret press.I think I have figured out prime and power drop. The auto index is not working.I disassemble it and found a square washer with a round hole is that all the parts or is some thing missing?

Offline maddogg

• Avid Poster
Re: Lee Classic turret press
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 03:55:57 PM »
Here is a link to the Lee parts list for a classic turret press.
You should have the the sq. index rod,auto index clamp,and sq. ratchet which is a sq. washer with a sq. hole. If you need parts call Lee they are very helpful.

PARTS LIST
http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/parts.cgi?1296960157.5221=90064

Classic Turret press photo:
http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi?1296960157.5221=/html/catalog/turretpress.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his
level and beat you with experience.

Offline flashhole

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 02:11:34 PM »
The square washer fits into the plastic boot over the ram, and the little square peg thinger goes through it, that is all.

There are two problems with it.  One is that the plastic part that holds it one the ram can strip out so it isnt tight.  I found a little nut and bolt that would go all the way through to tighten it down well.

Second problem is that the plastic square washer is the weak link.  It is meant to break before the machine does, so it gets rounded out pretty easy.  Call lee and get a few extras. 
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline gunclub

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 04:05:52 PM »
Thanks for  the replies I order four of the square index washer to day from lee .

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 02:50:48 AM »
Seems like when I bought mine, they included an extra one of the square pieces, but as is typical with all Lee stuff I have encountered, their documentation is weak and didn't mention what it  even is and where it goes, so I think I pitched it....Too bad that you have to go on youtube for proper instruction on how to set up and operate USA products....
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 06:33:28 AM »
Yeah, its too bad for that... I kind of see it as a design flaw... if you don't fully index the press and back out of a stroke it will try and round out the square washer... which happens more than you think...  They need to come up with another way to make it slip so it doesnt fail.  But honestly auto index isnt superbly important.  I only use it every once in a while usually on small handgun ammo. 
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."