Author Topic: Military PCS Situation  (Read 553 times)

Offline teamnelson

• Trade Count: (30)
Military PCS Situation
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:09:04 AM »
Just received message traffic essentially indicating that anyone currently with orders in hand with an account code to rotate between now and April 2011 are good to go. Beyond that, most folks are going to be held over to FY 12. This is because we're not on an annual budget right now, we're operating out of a Continuing Resolution. I am supposed to move in Nov, however by the time they work down the list of folks held over from May to Sept ... well you might get the picture. Its a domino effect.

I understand also the Republicans are going to let the CR expire in March in order to force the issue of keeping the debt ceiling in place, reducing the budget deficit, and start our way out of debt. On principle, I agree with this stance ... we're killing ourselves to continue down this path of more and more debt. I also fully understand that the heavy lifting required may impact my retirement and my employment in the near term, and possibly keep me stuck in my present location for awhile. If it means my kids will be better off, that's all I was saving money for anyway so go for it. My concern is that the gravity of inertia, and the fear of pain, will pressure Congress to kowtow.
held fast

Offline Pat/Rick

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Military PCS Situation
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 05:02:19 PM »
Looks like the SITREP is hurry up and wait Chaps.   :-\

Offline Squib

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G- S- T- and I ain't got time to bleed!
Re: Military PCS Situation
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 05:07:53 AM »
you should rob welfare bums to restore the balance and see that justice is served.  I know you won't, but I said SHOULD.   ;)