Author Topic: Are Reloading Manuals a thing of the past ?  (Read 1697 times)

Offline justahunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Are Reloading Manuals a thing of the past ?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 12:27:55 PM »
I have been reloading since I was 16 years old, I'm now 69. I always use the manuals. But I also use some of the newer tools available to us like "Load From A Disk" and "QuickLoad". And I'll check out the reloading sites. As many have already mentioned, check multiple sources. We only have so many digits and eyes. I hope books never go away. There is just something warm and comforting about them. By the way I just picked up Hornady's 8th Edition. It's a really good book.

Offline Brithunter

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 04:51:26 AM »
Well I just brought Hornady's 7th edition only to discover they have the 8th out  ::) Oh well then i brought Speer #14. Sad to say I don't regrard is as well made as the #12 amd #13 I have. Once finances recover I'll see about getting Hornay's 8th edition and possibly a Nosler one too.

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 10:45:57 AM »
I usually stick with the hard bound data.
I have cabbaged a few recipes off the net.
But when I'm in the man cave I don't have net access.
So the old books work everytime.
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline hornady

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 11:08:37 AM »
Nope manuals are a thing of the past, So all you modern guy’s can stop buying them, I have been trying to buy the new Lyman cast  4th addition book ever since it came out, every time I would check mid-south it was on back order, Finally hit them when it was instock, according to UPS it will be here tomorrow. When I ordered it there was a notation low stock

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 01:34:11 PM »
The only thing I'll give to the info on the net, is, if somebody made a mistake, and hit the wrong key, it would be caught and changed very quickly. Maybe not overnight, but, in a timely fashion.
Where as, if it's in a book, and you don't catch a warning that a mistake was made, it might be a couple years down the road, and you start to use that load, it might cost you. I know I've caught a couple mistakes in some of my reloading manuals, pretty blatant, so easy to catch. But, a mistake that might just be a little too much, could get exciting. I still like my manuals, and will always use them for a reference.gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman